Guys, What do you look for in a wife?

So I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 years. And despite bringing it up multiple times, he still has not proposed.

Im starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong? So tell me, what do YOU desire in a wife?

Or, if you're already married, what made you want to marry your wife?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Fun to be with and do things with.
    Good sex and willing to explore a bit.
    Good house keeping skills like me.
    Takes care of herself like me.
    Able to handle situations like and adult.
    Supports me and my crazy ideas - like I do for her.

Four years? Yikes, if he does not want to marry you... get out while you are still in your twenties!

I'm hoping maybe he's just scared.
      I really love him. Don't wanna leave.

Thank you.

Thanks for the MHO :-)

What Guys Said 25

• Last year, I wrote a myTake on "what makes a girl wife material."

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10762-who-should-you-marry

• Being in love is the #1 requirement

Well that makes sense. 😂😂

I mean. I understand. But there are plenty of people who are/have been in love, but aren't actually right for each other...

It also takes lots of commonalities

• Right off the bat, my fiance is more submissive and I'm more dominant which makes us mesh well. We both believe in gender roles for the most part. Her opinion is always welcomed and even wanted but I make the final call on what I think is right for us and our future.

Physically, she's beautiful and has big tits (I'm a big tits kinda guy). She's always open for sex and not prude.

Personality, she's very loyal and has a great sense of humor. She works hard and helps me pay the mortgage on the house (We live together). When the time comes she wants to be a stay at home mother for the first few years as we both have always felt that it was important a young child be raised full time by his mother.

We are a great team who see eye to eye. When we fight, we resolve arguments quickly (we don't believe in going to bed mad at each other).

I can go on longer but you get the picture.

She is everything I've always wanted in a wife and soon she will be.

Never settle for less when it comes to relationships and love because being single is fun too if you like who you are. I waited and found the right person for me.

• I guess he's not the marrying type, and you might want to look elsewhere. It's not you, it's him. If he's in the 18<24 age range... he probably is thinking, "what's the rush". If either of you are in school/just starting your careers than money could be tight.

There are old sayings...

"why buy the cow if you get the milk for free"

Most people get married to have kids.. now a days. My Ex was the only girl I've ever thought about marrying and I've always told my family I'd never get married.

Most guys know that everything goes down hill after marriage (sex, how she acts, etc.) I think that is why 50% of marriages fail... the women changes after marriage and expects the guy to change too, but we don't.

Yeah. I'm 24 and he's 27 so we're sort of at the end of that "what's the rush" stage. I'm just trying to get inside his head a bit.

• I prefer an LTR and never to be married again. It's not a good idea for the guy. He could just give you a promise ring and promise to be together forever, but not get into a legally binding agreement where he could be messed over.

• If I ever thought I would one day regret asking how her day was, if I ever thought lusting after her was the same as loving her, if I could could not see us in 50 years being octogenarians together, and if I thought I would one day not enjoy to spoon at night then I would not have married my wife.

• Maybe it isn't you but he simply doesn't want to get married? Not just to you but to anyone, ever. Dunno why a legal document is so important to some people. My 2 marriages (yes I was dumb enough to repeat that mistake) they were the ones that asked, not me. If you want to risk making him say no and bolting take the initiative and ask him yourself if you aren't sure what his answer will be if it's that important. My first she asked out of fear since I knocked her up and I didn't feel like paying child support (later annulled after it was adopted out) and the 2nd was when she asked I was living with her and didn't feel like being homeless if I said no and she got mad and kicked me out (she later died of an overdose). Obviously I don't look for anything in particular for wife material since no one is wife material, at least not to me. I doubt I'm the only one.

• Are you sure he wants to get married? It's a discussion you should have had after the first few weeks together IF you both had determined you want a relationship. Or is this something that just "happened" and there's been little to no discuss of life goals?

I look for loyalty, I want somebody who takes responsibility for their actions, words and deeds. They have the ability to admit their faults & mistakes plus to learn and grow from said mistakes. I need somebody who has a similar world view, similar values and taste in music, food, culture.. a thirst for travel and adventure but also knows that life can be pretty mundane and that's ok. I need somebody with self-discipline and respect for themselves and others. I want a good role model for any future children we may have.

• I am young and might change my mind but personally I view marriage as something that is a useless tradition. I mean legal marriage is fine if you are planning to have kids with someone but a lot of guys just don't want to get married until at least their late 20s

• I am waiting for a girl who play enough and want to be a woman like my mom.
    Take care of her family look after me as my mom.

• Be thin, can cook, be pleasant, isn't a whore, and be married in Philippines where they don't believe in divorces.

• He kitchen skills.

• boobs ass and pussy..

na foreal.. i look for a loyal, intelligent, goal oriented woman who doesn't need me in order to survive but at the same time wouldn't want to live without me.. and she can't be a feminist

• I could write a journal haha I wrote a answer to a question like this somewhere.. I'll post the link if I knew how

• Smart and cooperative with decisions and work that must be done, be active and stay in good healthy shape and most important good sex let him know he's the lucky one

• he's one of those that does t believe in marriage. aka he's scared

• I looked for things we have in common, and the biggest one we are in love.
    He may have a fear of commitment many men do.

• She has to have something to offer me in marriage that I can't get without.

• Loyalty, respect, trust and a healthy dose of common sense.

• to be at your age.

• Big titties and big butt

• big tits.

• acceptance. if you can't accept us for who we are, you're with the wrong person

• A caring trustworthy woman mostly that has the same likes and dislikes