Dating more than one guy - do you let them know?

So my friends with benefits and I are toeing into relationship territory but aren't quite there yet. It definitely seems to be moving in that direction, but I've also recently met another guy who isn't shy about his interest in me. Although I'm kind of into the new guy, I've been into my friends with benefits for longer. Since neither are an actually relationship and I'm still technically single - I'm free to casually date both. But at what point should I let one know about the other? Or do I now reveal that information at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think if either seem to want more than just a casual hookup you definitely need to tell them.

i think you can simply explain that while you two aren't exclusive you want to be forthright and let them know that are this current point you are seeing other people. and just explain that you feel it's best to be honest and up front about things

Most Helpful Girl

• I can tell you this from what I learned from my friends who had casual sex, when a guy wants casual sex from you it will never change. In other words, your friends with benefits does not want a relationship with him. If you want a relationship go with the guy that you like that actually wants one, do not stick around waiting for a guy who does not want a relationship with you.

I know that's typical of most casual-sex relationships... But this one is not typical.

What Guys Said 7

• My honest opinion:
    Keep bouncing that ball but if one starts falling for you (especially the 2nd guy)
    Drop the ball because its fucked up

I change my mind, if you're gunna be boning one guy while talking to another then i would like you to stop because that's a bit on the bitch side..
      I dont know the other dude, maybe he's a fuck boy maybe not but i know from experience what cheating feels like , and for me cheating can be just texting some random as it happened to me once.
      It felt terrible..
      Now you're boning another dude and the 2nd dude can be you're future husband now that would hurt pretty good

Oh i see now what u mean, k well just try to decide sooner than later and follow your heart.. But dont bone 2 guys at the same time, that would hurt my feelings

I don't plan on sleeping with the second guy unless things got way more serious, in which case I would end stuff with the first guy... I just don't see that happening

• I say no. Only let one guy know, when things are getting serious.

Otherwise, be a single woman and play the field. 😃

• Usually I tell when a new friends with benefits enters the fray because I think someone I am sleeping with deserves to know my dick is being other places

I don't plan on having sex with the second guy.

The first guy asked me a few weeks ago if he was the only one I was sleeping with.. And since he was specific I was honest and said yes. I just feel a little bad stringing the second guy a long since I'm mostly just using him as a distraction

Yeah it really sounds like you're into the first guy, Especially since you're not planning on sleeping with the second guy

• This is the reason why friends with benefits will never just be friends with benefits, someone will fall for the other.

• lol the human race is dumb

... Was being rude necessary? Did calling someone dumb give you the ego boost you needed for the day?

What's considered cheating? I'm literally sleeping with one guy... And considering dating another. I haven't even gone out with the other guy yet... And even if I did, I'm not in any form of a committed relationship with the guy I'm sleeping with.

hun you don't make the rules neither do I

GOD does
      you cheated his rules not mine or yours

• the big advantage of friend with benefit is to be with someone you do not need to lie to.
    it may be the biggest turn on too...
    truth!

• Even if things are going to stay friends with benefits, you should still tell any guy that you are going to be sleeping with.

What Girls Said 2

• This is a tricky one. I guess it would be pretty uncomfortable to have to tell both of the guys about each other. As long as you are being safe with both of them and haven't spoken about exclusivity, then I think keeping it quiet for now is fine. The time to mention it would probably be when one of them broaches the subject of a relationship.

• I would say before you start sleeping with the new guy. I mean he has a right to know what he is getting into and so does the current guy you are sleeping with. I mean this day and age you need to be careful about who has what and if you are planning on sleeping with both of them than they should be able to make a informed decisio about if they want to engage in that lifestyle with you.

I would agree with that but I don't plan on sleeping with the second guy I just feel bad stringing him along... But he's a good distraction at the moment

If that's the case, I fully imply the dont ask don't tell policy for this one. As long as you made it clear it's nothing serious to the new guy, it's all fair game.