Is life sad for a girl 5 foot 9?

I'm in highschool. I'm actually 5 foot 8.5 (174cm) and I feel like a giant when I walk down the halls. I mean sure there's people taller but there's hardly any... :( I'm 14 years old (a freshman) and I'm like average. I could even be considered ugly (according to my friends) I feel like guys are scared of me. Is life sad for a girl 5 foot 9?
That's me. And also, is it possible to lose 40 pounds in a year? And can you give me some advice on how to? I run everyday, and I don't eat junk food. How many pounds can you lose in a year based off your experiences? And am I too tall for a girl? Is life terrible and sad and depressing for tall girls? :o any advice to make me feel better? I'm 168 ibs and 174cm (5 foot 8.5) this is my body:
Help? (Sorry I'm not eye candy. .. :, D) I do want to lose weight though. I have motivation and I can control myself from eating junk, but I want a more efficient way...

Most Helpful Guy

• - I'd take a girl of that height in a heartbeat. I'm 1m95 / 6'5" so that would fit good
    - you are 14 and most guys are still growing at that age. the average height of guys is higher than that, meaning there are plenty who will be taller than you and like your height. so chill
    - You're pretty, so stop worrying. Your first pic isn't very flattering because of your facial expression, but you're current profile pic where you look happier and smile looks great (yes, going anon doesn't help much if you have posted many questions showing your account haha).

you really should stop worrying so much about your height and weight... the older you get the more guys will be interested :)

What Guys Said 23

• Life is just generally sad.

You're not ugly, darlin'. And you don't need to lose 40 pounds. But, if you must lose weight, know that to remain healthy, you can only lose up to 2 pounds a week. And that's on the high end; most people would recommend aiming for losing 1 pound of fat per week. With this, you could lose 40 pounds in a year. Fat loss is a marathon, not a sprint. But it takes a lifestyle change

You should also know that if you undereat significantly, your body will go into starvation mode and will start storing a lot of fat. In order to lose weight, you have to eat in a caloric deficit; but, if you eat too little, it will actually make your body store as much fat as possible

High protein, low carb, medium fat. These are called "macros" or "macronutrients"--carbs, fat, protein--and the ratio recommended for fat loss is 40-50% of your daily calories from protein; 30-40% from fat (yes, even though it seems counterintuitive: fat is very necessary to balance hormones. If you don't eat enough fat, at minimum 15%, you won't lose weight) and 10-30% carbs

www.bodybuilding.com/.../...your-macro-ratios.html

You might wanna start tracking your calories, if you don't already. There are some good calorie tracker apps. I use LiveStrong's MyPlate, though its piechart is totally wrong for macros

To eat in a caloric deficit, you want to find your BMR. This is how many calories you burn in a day without doing anything at all

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

After that, you multiply it based on your activity level:

www.bmi-calculator.net/.../

After finding this number, for instance, mine is 1,900. So, if I wanted to lose fat, I would have to eat under 1,900 calories a day. My body would start using fat as backup energy, since it wouldn't be getting enough calories from my diet

Starting out a medium caloric deficit would be best to maximize fat loss. Listen to your body though. A 15%-20% caloric deficit would be good. So, for my BMR + activity level = 1,900. 20% of that is 380. So, I would eat 1,520 calories a day to maximize fat loss. Keep in mind, I'm 5'10 128 pounds, so mine will be a lot lower than yours. I have to go in the opposite direction

Lifting weights would also be a good thing to stimulate fat loss

www.bodybuilding.com/.../...ould-lift-weights.html

And, you're really not that tall. Average male height is 5'10, so you're still 2" below most males, and that's all most males care about: as long as a female is equally tall or shorter than they are.

Wow! XD Thank you soooo much! :) This really helps! :)

Yep yep. G'luck.

• Hun you look fine and I don't think you can loose 40 pounds. You are skinny. I honestly think your the perfect size for your height. You dont have a belly for one, you look built more than anything. Eat whatever you what your only 14!!! Enjoy your teen years and fast metabolism. Dont starve yourself and stop worrying about boys. Boys are dumb and stupid. I can tell you that first hand cuz I used to be that age haha.
    I'm 5"9 and I feel great. Its all about your attitude on how you approach things.

Thank you! :) But, I still want to lose weight :, D I wish I was as skinny as those models! :)

marry me.

@Cmir366 lol me? Why do you ask?

• Yes it's possible. Your pictures make me wish I was teenager again. I think you should smile more and always stand tall when you walk. I don't think guys are scared of you. You are tall with long black hair, a cute face, and a nice figure. You have nothing to worry about.

Could you answer my question.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• Most of the hot chicks who hang out with the studly athletes on my floor (I'm an RA) are as tall or taller than me. And I'm 5'8" (maybe 5'9" by now). So you're probably fine.

• Only problem I ever had with tall girls is that they all seem to have a hangup about wanting a taller guy than them :)

It's all in your head. Ok, you're in high school, so it's also probably in many of your classmates' heads. Some are probably intimidated to approach you. But that will be over very soon.

You definitely should not be trying to lose 40 lbs in high school unless you're a really fat boy. You're in shape, more or less. You might lose a few pounds if you have some particular reason but it's probably not worth your time unless you're training for sports. You should however get into those good habits as pounds will start to pile up at some point in your 20s if you don't exercise and eat whatever you want.

• Oh, you keep saying the same thing and I keep saying the same thing: you are a goddess and have nothing to worry about.

Thank you! XD I'm glad you think so! :3

There is nothing wrong with your height whatsoever and, when a formal occasion arises, don't be afraid to rock it wearing heels.

• No you're not.
    It's good being tall. Embrace it.
    To summarise your shorter haters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7eDj_npe4

Lmao!!! Thanks for the encouragement! :)

• You're being too hard on yourself.

You look fine.

• Your a pretty girl i see nothing wrong no worries.

• I can firmly say as a guy, being a tall girl is definitely not a bad thing :)

• i find tall girls hot as shit, your body looks decent, obviously could use work like you said, you working out or purely trying to diet?

I'm working out! :)

lol you're only 14, you years to work and perfect on yourself, you're already ahead in the game, well if you wanna talk or need help feel free to message me

but yeah people aren't afraid to say what they like on the internet as much as real life, unless you're obnoxious like me

Oh lol! XD

• why would life be sad if you're 5'9?

Cause guys are scared of me D, X

lol yeah.. be confident.. you're tall and hot

Thank you! :)

• Men will grow taller later, then you will start to feel less tall, besides, your height is ok.

• I'm honest you're not ugly

and most guys are taller than you so it's ok

• Man stop playing

• Being tall is so awesome isn't it.
    Ask some short men.. they will be envious of you

Maybe, but that's because they are guys.

It's true that tall girls are intimidating.. but they are sexy as hell. Once you get adult you will enjoy being tall and you will look down upon other short men

Thank you so much for the encouragement! :)

• tall girls are hot

• Let's put it this way.

You're almost too short to model.

The problem you have? You're in high school. Girls grow before the boys.

Start of high school I was like 5'5". End of high school I was 6'3"

Your problems are temporary.

• A few more years the guys will taller and you look fine right now so don't sweat it, things will definitely get better for you, you're to young to worry about stuff like that, I wouldn't mind towering over people most of the time, I'm 5'10" and don't feel like I'm towering over many

• You are ok some guys will run from tall girls. And you don't look like you need to loose weight. You are still developing. Embrace yourself. Join a sport or something.

Yeah I did! :) Thank you so much for the support! XD

• try being a 5'8" guy

That wouldn't be too bad

tell that to why im single

• Have you posted this before? And you're thicc, mami. <3

Haha! XD Thanks! :)

Oh I thought you looked familiar. Why do you always post anonymous?

pssst accept my follow

• It's sad if you only date people taller than you

Haha! XD Who said that about tall girls? I love the stares I get when I go with someone shorter and people say we are cute af.

Most guys won't date girls taller than them.

I never understood that. Tall girls are great. I guess they feel less masculine? Idgaf about how other people perceive my masculinity, so...

What Girls Said 13

• girl your figure is amazing and long legs are sexy af. You are gonna be just fine

Thank you! :) but people don't think that...

then they are dumb as nails and not worth your time

Thank you! XD

• Okay firstly, you are a pretty girl. That was my first thought when I saw your picture. You aren't overweight either. No need to lose 40 lbs.

You're way taller than a lot of your peers now but in a few years the boys will be taller than you. Nothing wrong with being tall.

I hope the boys will grow taller. I hope they do. Because in the hallways I see a bunch of shorties. And it makes me feel bad.

• You know what? I'm you're exact height and felt the same way. I starved myself in high school and also slouched down in pics with my friends.

Now I own it and wish I'd never been ashamed of it. Most shorter girls wish they were taller. You're gonna be ok 🙋

Thank you for the encouragement! :) I notice in large crowds I feel like a boss! :3 but at school I feel like an ugly piece of thing

Doing* your running. And other cardio. Just stay healthy and strong and try to own your height

Thank you! :) XD

• Omg girl stop beating yourself up!! You are at a perfect height and weight! And just because some guys don't talk to you in high school doesn't mean that out of high school. And if you feel self conscious about your body from time to time, write down at least 10 things everyday that you love about yourself.

• Girl you look great and be happy your tall. You could be 5'1" like me lol but I love being so short lol.

I guess all heights are hood for a girl :, D

• Sweetheart, you look absolutely stunning. 😘
    Please, don't listen to people to tell you otherwise. 😊

• Nope! I'm 5'3" and I manage just fine! :)

You'll be fine! The taller the better. :)

Thank you! :)

No problem! :)

• No, I'm 5'10" and I loved being the tallest girl in school when I was in high school I even wore heels to school.

That's so cool! :) Do you know a way to make myself feel more confident about being tall

Really? XD

Yes trust me

• At my school there is a lot of people shorter than and I am 5'6, so I know how you feel. I think you are pretty. Actually you can lose 40lbs in 3 months. I am also trying to lose weight too. I wish you luck on your weight loss journey.

Thank you so much!!! XD Can you give me tips? :3 If I can lose 40 pounds in three months that would make me so glad! And I sometimes think positively and say, its okay to be fat before because when you lose weight, you can brag about it! XD

That's great just keep doing what you are doing, and it will come right off. 😃

I hope it does.

• I'm taller than you and it gets better, teenagers are horrible.

Ikr! :) Thank you! :)

• You would literally be skin and bones. Look up holocaust victims and that's what you'd look like. Do you find that attractive? I sure as hell don't. I'm plus size (100) lbs over weight and my s. o loves me as I am. He loves to cares my body and he loves my curves. Please stop hating yourself. look up your bmi to help you find out how much you have to lose. And stop posting your pic on the sites. Some creep can become obsessed with you and stalk you or something. Make your account private. Some hackers are on this site. So be careful.

YeaH! I should be more careful! Thanks for the encouragement though! :)

• wow at that weight you look pretty good.

Thank you! :) I carry it well I guess.

• Im 6'4'' and weigh 180lbs and no life isn't horrible for tall chicks lol :P
    Sure we get some stares but trust me it gets much better once you're out of school.

Wow you must be like a model! :o

Nope, just tall.