He won't make us "official" but gets upset if I even leave him for a day. Wtf men?

Like we've talked about it, he doesn't feel "the spark" but feels comfortable and that I'm the only one he can be himself around. But even when I have to leave for work and he doesn't have to leave yet he'll put on a sad voice and be like don't leave me or when I say something like "superman is hot" he will ask if I'm cheating on him...

please shed some light into the mind of men... I'm so lost

Most Helpful Guy

• It's called emotional abuse by a manipulator. Get out of that relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't want to commit to you, but doesn't want you to leave his side. Tell him. You can do as you please, because you guys aren't exclusive. If he has a problem with that, he should find ways to deal with it or just make the both of you exclusive.

What Guys Said 5

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• You have to give him a reason to commit to you basically. You probably give him everything he wants so he doesn't feel he has to give up his freedom to you. As much as guys deny it you really have to make him work for it or he'll never really yearn for you or respect you.

• He's already said there's no spark. He's keeping you around until someone better comes. Leave him to his own devices, you deserve better.

• What a strange thing for him to ask. How can you cheat on someone you're not with? ;) I was in an "almost relationship" for too long. It sucked. He was amazing, nice to me, talked about future stuff, but never wanted to put a title on it. Some guys just don't want to commit. Turns out the dude I was seeing went back to his ex and it made it that much easier that he didn't actually have to break up with me!

• he's making it convenient for himself