Having a hard time trusting girls in dating?

After being led on and manipulated by a girl...

Years of rejection, seeing my crushes flock to the bad boy...

Heartbreaks...

and just hearing about so many people cheating, being unfaithful, and relationship horror stories...

It really has me on edge... If I have a girlfriend, I will be a bit worried how easy it is to hook up with apps like Tinder and even Pokemon...

I just want a normal girl, who loves me for who I am, who will be faithful to me , who I can start a life with...

I know some of these girls exist, but for some reason I keep attracting the bad ones... Even if I think they are good, even if they don't party...

And It has gotten me to the point, where I am questioning myself... A few years ago I didn't really care... I thought I'd meet a nice girl, probrally marry her and that would be it...

Now it's like, what's the point of committing to a girl? Maybe I shouldn't care and just have one night stands or a friends with benefits for the rest of my life...

The problem is, I don't enjoy that... I really want something more than just sex, I want someone to cuddle with, someone to talk to, someone to take care of, and someone who will be there for me...

I know people say, don't give up and you will find this girl one day...

But I'm really not buying that anymore...

Most Helpful Girl

• Trusting people is one of the most challenging "tasks "people face, because they fear being hurt. Betrayal is excruciatingly painful , and rejection can lower your self- esteem. It can make a person feel worthless and unlovable.

The only way to know if you can trust someone is to just trust them until they give you a valid reason not to.

I've always longed to be in a loving committed relationship with a reliable , affectionate and loyal guy. So my heart isn't closed, because of the fear being hurt , because I know I'm strong enough to heal when I'm broken inside.

There's no guarantees in love. No one can guarantee they'll never hurt you or never leave you. That's why you just have to love without the fear of being hurt, and rely on your own strength if you are hurt.

What Girls Said 3

• lots of people are selfish unfortunately. But if you take your time and really get to know girls, you WILL eventually find one. There are lots of girls out there that complain about the same things... guys that don't want relationships and just want to hook up. I think its important to stay positive and keep and open mind. Sometimes the best girls are the ones that dont immediately catch your eye but take some time getting to know. Good luck!

• Well it depends who you are dealing with and where you look... Its the same reason why at 25 i have had no boyfriends no kissing or sex... I agree with you when you say its hard to trust anyone because its so true in todays day and age..

• Frustrating! I'm in a similar boat on the opposite gender spectrum. You're feeling defeated by the prospect of love because you built in your mind what you wanted in a relationship. Unfortunately, others have created their own as well thus why we encounter so many connection issues. As for those bad girls, sounds like you like the initial excitement but they're all fluff before they flake. Best advice I have is to give yourself time, sort out what you really want, and keep trying.

What Guys Said 0