Girls, Do couples still work on the relationships like before?

I'm the past when couples fought they would remain in the relationship and try to work it out. eg. couple counselling, work on their errors etc. Fast forward to 2000s couple started breaking up after one argument that is fixable. How many arguments will you survI've in your relationships?

• people are quick to move on
    19% (10)
  • both people need to at least try
    40% (21)
  • we do try at least him and I do (girls point of view)
    41% (21)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a great question! I honestly can't speak for everyone. My personal belief is that if he is willing and I am willing to do whatever it takes to stay in our marriage and make it a happy and successful one, it is going to work. I read numerous self help books and I do lots of Bible study on how to make my marriage better. I am trying to focus on the main goal, and that is to become a more loving person who can help others do the same. Good luck and don't give up hope.

A great book to read Timothy Keller "The Meaning of Marriage"

Favored quote from the book:
      "The reason marriage is so painful and yet wonderful is because it is a reflection of the Gospel, which is painful and wonderful at once. The gospel is this: We are more sinful and flawed in ourselves than we ever dared believe, yet at the very same time we are more loved and accepted in Jesus Christ then we ever dared hope.

@davisgirl89 that is a really good quote, thank you for sharing!

What Girls Said 11

• People in our generation are pickier about who they choose to stay with long term and are less willing to look past incompatibilities. But this results n healthier and happier relationships in the end so I think it's a good thing.

Apparently the divorce rate among millennials and late X's has significantly decreased from the peak we saw with the baby boomers. I think it's due to people waiting longer and being more particular about their marriage decision.

Dont rush in to a relation see if this is the right guy. anylize him to see how he thinks act etc. check him out first. while you in it with him. make sure he loves you as much as you love him God bless

Yes, pretty much this ^^^

@BuchitaBuchys did you hate boys when you were a little girl?

• People do try but I think that since there's less shame now about breaking up or divorcing and you're not going to face ridicule in your community, lots of people don't see the point of putting themselves through so much work trying to save something that isn't making them happy.

In your opinion and by your observation If your ex was a good dad and loving in your opinion Would you keep one parent away from his child... these days we are heading towards gender equality and feminists are fighting for equal parental rights... again if he was a good father in your opinion

Yeah I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. The visitation was before he gained custody. My mother had the same rights but she never did it.

@19magic I apologize for my rudeness due to the misunderstanding

• There does seem to be more breakups now than ever before

I think people give up too easily on each other.

Did you hate boys when you were a little girl? Most little girls hate boys when they're little did you?

That's so true. I've never viewed the opposite sex as my enemy

TV teaches hate... Disney nickelodeon teaches boys that they are inferior to girls that's the subliminal message in their comedy shows

• I read somewhere that 8 years is now the world average for new marriage- divorce a drop of almost 30% from 25 years ago when couples would split after 24 years mainly due to empty nest syndrome

• Relationships are give and take. If there's an argument don't let it go and sweep it under the rug. Make the effort to make up and make it right if you want the relationship to continue. Take responsibility for your part in the argument. Always say you love them. If you avoid the subject it breeds resentment because it's read as lack of concern. Take it from someone who is currently feeling that. :(

Do you got kids?

I have a boy. We need both parties in relationships to know and understand that relationships take work from time to time. Seems like people in this day and age, as you said, just give up. Relationships aren't the way they are portrayed on TV.

Dont give up... the right man is there pray

• Seems like we dont try since there's usually someone else around the corner

You can't hurry love. you just got to wait love don't come easy it's a game of give and take. you can't hurry love you just got to wait

Lol I wonder how married people don't go astray

If you love the man with your heart. and he loves you... then hos/her face is the most prettiest on earth. love conquers all

• Not really. People give up so easily nowadays.

Well that's because they rush into it without checking the guy out

• No, it's fucking pathetic

Dont rush it... observery the guy check him out see who he is what he is about... then take it to the next level.

• My boyfriend and I have been through A LOT between us. We even fucked each other over before we started dating. But we try to fix our mistakes and we both try to work through it

• My family's past includes my grandpa beating the hell out of my grandma and impregnating other women. It's not all rosy. Now and then, some couples are better than others.

• I believe women try a lot harder then men. My husband cheated on me... I stayed. If the shoe was on the other foot he would have left.

Sorry to hear... what an as shores. Again sorry to hear that