Do you think this guy is creepy? How to cancel a date nicely?

So this guy in my class asked me out on a date last week but and I said yes because I kind of liked him and wanted to get to know him more. I just started college by the way. Yesterday we did this activity where we anonymously wrote nice things down on a paper and put them in every person in the classes paper bag. Well when I was reading all my notes he didn't make his anonymous and he wrote "you got nice legs to rest on, call me." He seems nice but lately he has been trying to hold my hand and he keeps winking at me. I want to cancel my date but how do I do it nicely? Do you think he's kinnda weird or is that a guy thing to say?

2mo I forgot to mention he wants to come to my house on the first date after dinner
2mo And he is in ALL of my classes

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him that ur busy or have something else to do or u have homework to do or something to study for. Lol, but if u are a blunt person, then just tell him straight up that u wanna cancel the date because you've creeped me out a little with the things u do😂 but that second one takes guts

Most Helpful Girl

• Yikes! It is creepy when they get too affectionate too soon. I don't blame you for wanting to bail. He's moving too fast and doesn't even know you. I'd say make up an excuse but that's not easy in your situation since you're around him a lot. You don't really have a choice but to be up front and direct about it. Apologize and tell him you're going to cancel the date and that you're not interested. You can either go on to tell him that you're uncomfortable with his behavior or not give him any details. Just insist you're not interested and don't want to waste his time.

What Guys Said 9

• Fuccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk all classes?

Just tell it to him straight. Maybe he'll get the hint to not act a creepy duchebag

• Make the date a foursome so that you can have a better look at what he is like in a group setting and yet keep a certain distance.

• Sounds like he mostly just wants to fuck, which describes 90-95% of all males. Get used to it, especially in college where to most guys it's little more than a meat market with parties (what? there's tests to take and grades to receive too?). If the feeling isn't mutual simply tell him you changed your mind.

• HAhaha he looks like he just wanna get in your pants... Lol

So yeaa your could just sat no to him maybe?

• He wants sex that's it 😂

• He sounds like he has never had a girlfriend and doesn't know how to properly interact with women

• sounds like he's just looking for a lay. yeah, id break it off

• He's just really really trying to flirt lo. If your gonna break off the date then be straight with him.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• Honestly dude, he might hate it but you have to be straight forward.

Just tell him that you think he's cool but he's coming on way too strong, so you think it'd be better if you two backed off and just kept things friendly. Period. If he asks you to be specific don't fall into that trap, just tell him it's his demeanor and the way he treats you and you don't want to get into it and turn it into a fight.

That's all you can do.

• He seems.. weird. Like socially inept.

Just tell him you've gotten so busy with school and work you lost interest in dating.

• He is really weird, and just tell him that you are studying for an exam or you have a writing project you have to do

• Girl, I would be running. You haven't even had your first date and he's already wanting to come to your house and complement you on your legs. Sounds like a creep. Even if it is a guy thing to say, that is one guy you do not need.

• We went sexual real quick. I would just say I had family matters and that you really can't date

• I would break it off. That would creep me out especially since he is basically a stranger. Oh god and he is all your classes?

• It's always messy to date someone in class esp in college because suddenly you've been claimed and you're off limits.

Tell him you changed your mind and don't want the drama of dating someone in class let alone right off the bat of starting college! Good luck

• in my opinion I feel like he might just be trying to get in your pants. I am a little straight forward so if I was in your shoes I would go up to him and tell him that you are uncomfortable with how he has been acting, that he is moving to fast and you just want to get to know him better. and if he can't respect how you feel then he can forget about you and go for someone else. but if he does respect you than he will respect your boundaries... you could also tell him how you feel uncomfortable with it and say that for the date you just want to go as friends just to get to know each other better and that you want to take things slow...
    hope this helped!

• Tell him that you've been talking to someone online and you've hit it off. Works every time.

• He likes you. Trying to hold your hand is not a crime.