How to get adjusted to being forever alone?

I'm 18 years old and i've never had a single girlfriend. Its getting to the point where i have basically stopped trying. I've tried being outgoing, i've tried acting like a bad boy, i've tried all sorts of methods and no luck. I don't even talk to girls at this point since i don't want to waste my time, but whenever i see a really cute girl in class or at a club or something i at least take a glance at them... but never think of saying anything. Back when i was in middle school was the closest i ever got to a date... but a girl decided to play mind games with me. It's apparent that i have no choice but to adjust to being forever alone. I don't know if its my looks or what but at this point i don't care anymore. I need a way to get adjusted to the forever alone club. Any tips?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, you're adorable. I'd date you in a heart beat. I don't know where you're from but clearly those girls are idiots. I'm from Las Vegas, it's hard to find a guy that actually wants to date rather than just be "friends with benefits" (but I guess that's anywhere nowadays really). You won't be single forever. My sister is 20 and she's gorgeous (😒) but she is just now finding someone she actually has a relationship with. She didn't have luck at all in high school because boys are typically dicks and just want sex, but in college she met new people and found a great guy. Don't give up, that's dumb. You're adorable and you seem like an easy person to get along with. As cliche as it sounds just know there's someone out there for everyone. Giving up is no solution, you'll find the right person. Be yourself and if girls don't seem to like that then that is their loss, they clearly weren't worth your time in the first place 😘❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• At 18, you still have plenty of time. Usually the forever part is not absolute at least not until you're really near retirement age or something in your very late 60s or beyond. It becomes harder over time, and will require much more work if you've been single for more than 30 years or something.

All in all, the younger you are the less I'd worry about it and prioritize much more important things such as having a stable career and being able to support yourself, such as being able pay for college, and being able to payback any student loans you've taken out and able to pay your bills, rent, transportation, etc. without having to struggling to make ends meet.

When most of those things are in place and stable, ideally when all of them are in order, then you can put in the time and effort much more easier to just focus and prioritize on dating and relationships. Depending upon your work schedule, but if it's a good stable job position with good benefits and a good work schedule you should be able to take the time on your days off to prioritize on getting your dating life and relationships in order.

The other most important things is to have friends you can count on, social connections and having a strong social circle to give you the support you really need. Ideally having a wingman or wingmen when you are going to engage in conversations with women and have someone who knows what to do and how to do things right to give you advice on finding and engaging women in conversations.

There's many possibilities, but I think online and internet dating is the least effective compared to going out there on a daily basis and engaging in conversations with some lady you may find interest in, while you have a wingman or a few friends being your wingmen to give you the support and advice.

So in the meantime, just relax, because you're not in your late 50s or late 60s yet, as at that point things would be very hard to impossible unless you had acquired a great amount of financial wealth or is a famous celebrity or something.

What Girls Said 12

• Just keep doing what you're doing and it's inevitable that you'll accept the fate that you've created for yourself sooner or later.

as i said before i've tried plenty of methods.. so i don't know what you are talking about

The only thing I can see that you tried from your write-up are different ways to interact with girls. Or you tried one way- acting like a 'bad boy'. Which doesn't seem like a good way to adjust to being 'forever alone'. The best way to adjust to being forever alone is to just accept that you're alone. Think of reasons why you don't need the company of a woman by your side.

• Make a lot of girl friends, it will help you with your social skills. You don't have to think about dating too much, focus on your social skills, your characteristics and your future career. Feel free to read my my take on the characters for starters

• You look fine. My tip? Be you and keep looking. You're young. Somebody will come along.

• But ur 18...

• Lol, it's just cuz you're a teen and teens are awkward. You're cute, so just work on your confident and your social skills and you'll be fine :)

• How many times you gonna ask this same question bro?

Until enough people tell you what you wanna hear?

• You're 18, calm down.

• Listen being single is a blessing in many ways. Rake it from a silly woman who goy herself caught up in too many stupid relationships. Enjoy your freedom while you can. Don't worry the right one will come when its time.

• Stop being so emotional, your 18, you just didn't find the right person yet.

• You're 18, you have forever to find someone. Don't stress it too much

• You probably only go after white girls

• You're a good looking guy - brush up on your social skills and get out there and meet girls.

What Guys Said 19

• Dude... you're 18, stop being a drama queen, please, you're a decent looking dude, but acting like a little bitch here makes you look ten times worse. Confidence is very important to girls. Even if you were ugly as hell, but had confidence, it would make you attractive to girls.

Your life has barely even begun yet. The fact that your only reference is to your middle school days made me laugh out loud, it just tells you that you are just a child at this point and haven't experienced life yet. Don't try to "act" like anyone. Just be yourself. Anyone who is attracted to you for who you are trying to "act" like someone isn't worth being with. Surround yourself with people that like you for you.

Don't dwell on this shit. Just concentrate on important things like school, work, family, etc, and in the process, the right person may come along, but don't force it or cry about it. Just chill and be yourself.

but even "children" these days seem to have girlfriends/boyfriends...

no crying necessary, just acceptance

ok, if you accept being that way and aren't open to changing your mindset, that's on you. I tried to help.

• I really hope you read my reply because i got the answer! I went through the same. First of all it's NOT your looks. I don't know how you normally cloth and how your body looks but focus on working out and dress nicely. Both of it will help you to feel better about yourself and be more confident. Additionally it will show your environment that you care about yourself and you will automatically be more attractive. Grooming is the most important aspect when it comes down to looks. The counterpart which is just as important is your mindset and attitude. Work on it! Start to think positive i know it can be hard sometimes when you feel just like giving up and that it doesn't make sense to keep on fighting. But do it. Trust me. Read self improvement books and improve your social skills. Talk with literally everyone. Smile. Work on your charisma and give other persons good feelings. It's crucial! When you did that you're ready for the next step. Getting some girls. You must be always conscious of your intentions. When you are attracted to a girl show it openly. Don't hide, don't play games like these pick up guy faggots. That's a short term solution which doesn't even give you guaranteed success. Show OPEN what you want. You are a human being with sexual intentions, so show them when you are attracted to a girl. It won't make you seem needy it makes you vulnerable in a good way i. e you are not afraid to show your feelings and your true self. Make compliments, tell them how you feel (not in a needy way though) but most important TOUCH THEM. Many studies showed that your body language says much more than your actual words so don't be afraid to use it. It will connect people. The topic is too complex to mention everything in one post. Read Models by Mark Manson trust me. Stay strong dude i'm sure you will do it. Every guy can and probably will get a girl somewhen. I'm sure you saw an ugly guy once with that handsome chick and couldn't believe it. He got GAME and i don't mean that pick up bullshit. It's his attitude, his social skills and the fact that he doesn't give a fuck. Not being needy is the KEY!

• Well you look okay to me. Maybe it's your attitude because you should be able to get a girl. I will add that men get better with time though. So in a few years it will be a little easier.

Just chill out dude. Learn how to at east get a woman's attention. I have almost zero game but I can still get a woman's attention and get her a little interested. If I'm short and not attractive and I can get a few dates then you can too.

Say something. Actually dude just start practicing give a girl a genuine compliment and see how she reacts. The more you practice the more comfortable you will be with talking with women. I would even encourage to just give a girl a compliment who isn't hot just average looking.

You should at least try.

• Find some hobbies/interests besides women to pass the time. I've been single for 11 years (and previously the gf's I was with I was better off without and vice versa and should have just stayed a virgin rather than deal with the drama, hindsight is always 20/20). Unlike me you can't miss what you never had, so other than the curiosity thing are in a better position. Find a few things you enjoy and run with it. For me it's video games and electronics, and thinking of taking some glassblowing classes.

• Like you probably noticed yourself, people here are completely fucking useless when it comes to such problems. I don't have the solution for you either, since I am in the same situation, only a year older than you. But don't believe these assholes when they tell you its ok and it will happen. Its not ok and it will NOT just happen like these fucktards are saying. Just be strong, hang in there, I wish you best of luck, and if I ever figure out a way to solve this problem, I will send you a message right away to tell you how to do it. Cheers, and sorry for not being able to help

• You're a handsome guy and you look pretty fit. Just keep putting yourself out there to get more experience. I'm sure you'll find someone.

• 18 years old...
    Dude, you have decades to find a girlfriend. I know it sucks, but I had a friend who never dated in high school. He got to college and had more girls chasing him than he knew what to do with. He discovered that is just as bad as having no girls.

Moral of the story, take a breath. You've got time. Just chill out. If you can't find girls where you are now, move. Kids need to leave the nest at some point anyways.

• Get some self confidence.. Stop looking is fine.. There will be someone who will just come even if you ain't looking.. way to go

• You are a good looking dood. I don't usually say that about people.
    My tip is that you need to explore your hobbies and desires. You got plenty of time to do so considering.
    It may be time to branch out a bit... see the world.

• Watch this video. It will change your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eBZ-HZ6yXY

• Dude i didn't have a serious girlfriend till i was 21. You have to be who you are and stop looking so hard. Don't get bent out of shape about it.

• Holy man I'm 18 too and haven't had a girlfriend myself but I'm not. going to be alone, don't get too dramatic quite yet.

• You've been in the club for 18 years, why do you need adjusting?

Also you look fine to me, don't see why you wouldn't be having any luck.

• you sound like Elliot Rodger. all bad.

• Well your not ugly, maybe your just weird AF

doubt it... i don't really talk to many people.. unless that's weird enough...

• its much better to be single... fuck dating and relationships

• A relationship didn't happen for me til I was 19. Before I met her I wondered if any girls would ever be interested in me. If you don't have success by going up to girls and trying to initiate a relationship, maybe it would be better to let things happen naturally. By that I mean you never know who you'll meet and who might take an interest in you. Seriously, sometimes people just show up in your life when you dont expect it and when you get to know them you may realize they could be the one.

• you could become a pastor!

orrrr you coukd just change environments. you'll have more diversity in college, you're good looking, dress decent, seem fit. Unless you're super boring and awkward, well it should be ok. But if you do happen to be boring, awkward or send creepy vibes, you can work on it. Its all barriers you can overcome.

• " i've tried acting like a bad boy" Gee, and that didn't work. Better share that info with all the guys who are convinced that girls throw themselves at jerks and bad boys.

"I don't even talk to girls"

That's your problem right there. I don't care what you claim you have done or are doing. You've obviously got a problem engaging girls in social contact.

i guess you misunderstood a bit...

I don;t think so. Almost everyone said the same thing - you're only 18. Get out there and talk to girls.