Is it normal that I am so shy and anxious to meet a guy for a date?

Especially if it includes meeting a a restaurant and eating?

Can someone give me advice for this 😭

• Yes it's normal
  • No it's not
2mo * at a

Most Helpful Guy

• Would you be less shy if we invite you to go sking on a dry slope? Or to play lazer tag? Honestly I'm not a mad about restaurants there really formal lots of waiting for food working out how much your suppose to tip who ordered what if you split or wondering if your just a free meal if you dont?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but you'll get used to it. Some dates can be awkward and some can just flow really nicely, it all depends on how well you click with the guy. My best advice is to try not to think of it as a date, just meeting a friend you want to get to know more. That should help calm your nerves and help with things to talk about and conversation. Then just add in questions you wouldn't normally ask friends. And if it all goes sour, well just think of it as a great opportunity to dress up and look pretty and (maybe) a free meal ;)

What Guys Said 14

• Everyone feels shy meeting someone new for the first time; it is a common, natural response to the unknown. Some individuals deal with it better than others, but typically when you’re going to meet someone for the first time you’ll be anxious and nervous; all normal and nothing to overly stress about.

Take deep breaths to calm your heart rate. Make sure you wear something that makes you feel confident and raises your self-esteem. Be sure to keep yourself well hydrated before you’re scheduled meeting time; not many realize this, but when you’re nervous, you sweat, therefore being sure to drink a good amount of water will keep you hydrated and will also lessen stress, especially in stressful situations.

If you are meeting them and not riding with them, sometimes it is a good idea to get there early in order to become familiar with your surroundings so you’re not feeling nervous on two fronts; one being meeting someone new and also being in a new place. Give yourself a chance to adapt to the area, the restaurant, get a table, go to the restroom. This will potentially help you calm down and feel more relaxed.

• Maybe tell him about it so that you won't need to fake self confidence. Also maybe propose something else like the movies for a start. And yes it's normal. Restaurants scare me for a first date.

• I have never been on a date but one of the main reasons is because I don't even know what to talk about so restaurant dates are creepy as hell for a first date. I would prefer to take a girl bowling or rock climbing or like minigolfing I don't know something where you have something to do to take pressure off of conversation when it lulls.

• Listen if you ever feel a certain way good or bad I swear and promise you a lot more people feel it everyone just has too much of an ego to show it though if you get close with them you'll see that they do.

• Everybody doesn't feel shy. But most people feel anxious. Boys should feel brave. Let girls feel shy. Because when they feel shy , they look even more sweeter.

• I find you shy woman to be very freaky

• Normal, it's a strange feeling, isn't it?

• Yeah its normal. Honestly im the same way when i have a date with someone,

• Solution that worked for me is I just quit dating.

• It's normal. But, it's not like he asked you to come hang out in the back of his van.

• If it is for the first time, it is normal.

• it's pretty normal you're not the only girl who does this

• Yes everyone is nervous...

Just remember that the guy is probrally very nervous too! So just be yourself, relax, try to break the ice and laugh.

• Yeah it's just utterly normal.

What Girls Said 2

• i think that's common

• I'm super shy and anxious on the first date especially if it's a sit down coffe/dinner date.
    You have to sit there keep the conversation going the entire time... Ugh I personally hate it lol
    I usually let guys do the talking most time.
    when awkward moment comes I just make eye contact and smile lol
    They usually smile back and ask me something else or make a comment on food or anything.
    We all super nervous on our first date right...

"I usually let guys do the talking most time.
      when awkward moment comes I just make eye contact and smile lol "

Honestly, if something like that have happened on the first date, it would freak me out soooo bad... Most of the time women eyes freak me out if she's a very beautiful one. I just feel their eyes very sharp :/