Is it strange for a 16 year old girl and 19 year old guy to be dating?

There's this guy that I really like and we met up a week or two ago and we hit it off. The thing is i am 16 and he is 19 so he is in university while I am still in grade 10. It's only a 3 year age difference and I was wondering what your opinions would be if we started dating... I am mature for my age and this guy is so much more mature than the guys in my grade.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you live in the U. S., dating is considered, for minors, a four-year window. However, since one person is a minor and the other an adult, the legal system would be a bit fuzzy. Society-wise, who cares.

What Guys Said 7

• im 49 and my last girlfriend was 19... think what you like but it was just about us and no one else... basically its your business so screw what anyone else thinks

• Id say it wouldn't matter if he was not in university but since he is I don't know it somehow makes me think it won't work. Too many options in college.

• It's normal don't worry about it

• It's only 3 years, you're in the clear.

• Yes. It's not right.

3 year difference isn't much at all. Stop deluding yourself

adult, minor, it's just words, and numbers with limits created by the government. They also say that police can shoot unarmed men and get away with it because the government is afraid that they will see themselves are civilions, which is what they are, and lose their feeling of offority. In sweden it's legal from 16 m8.

@JustADude20026 that's the problem with today's kids. They have to grow up too fast.

• Yes it is

• 3 years age difference is no problem. It will only be a problem in your case if you are below the age of consent.

What Girls Said 5

• It's not strange I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 25. 3 years is a little difference don't worry. Just keep in mind that he is a little bit more mature and knows more than you about some things in life.

• yes I think so

• Yes!

• It's fine, go be happy:))

• It's absolutely normal !! Go for it and don't listen to those who say it's not normal. Love is love unless you are 8 and he is 80