How do I come clean about being a catfish?

Two weeks ago I met this guy online and we've been talking on the phone and texting pretty much every day since. I've used a different girl's picture. I'm not a creepy old guy or anything, everything I told him was true, I just used someone else's picture and he liked it so much that I didn't tell him it wasn't me. I also never expected that we would connect this deeply. Now he started talking about meeting me in real life and obviously I can't do that. So how do I let him down gently? I know he's probably going to hate me and I don't want to hurt him.

I know what I did was extremely terrible and awful, so try to refrain from lecturing me, please. I know my wrongs. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all , we are going to lecture you because you did do a shitty thing and that's what gag does - it piles on (and you would do the same to someone else admit it).
    For him tell the truth and share your own picture - see if he still wants you around or if he wants to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• When he first started talking to you, he did it because he was attracted to what he was seeing. Your picture.
    So there's no way this guy is going to be cool with it when you show him the real you unless you look similar to the girl or you are prettier. This is just reality.

Either you just tell him the truth and send him pictures of real you, (he will still be very disappointed probably upset from what you done)
    Or just tell him that it's a fake profile and cut the communicate with him completely. Make the real profile with the pictures of you in it and start all over (this way might not work if he doesn't find you attractive/or if you already told him so much about you)

I would go with the first one.. If I was talking to a guy and we clicked well then he was telling me all truth, I'd be still willing to see how it goes with him because I know we get along great.
    Either way he's not going to talk to you if he's not attracted to real you so just be honest tell him the truth..

What Guys Said 3

• a catfish once wrote me "I don't know how to tell you this but I'm not the girl from the picture... blablabla... it's my friends profile... blablabla... but I love love love talking to you... blablabla
    The "love love love talking to you" was kinda cute so I forgave her

• If you're attractive then it might not even matter anyways so just tell him.

• Id try to drop communications with him then approach him with your own identity profile. After he sees that you and him has a connection then he'll forget about fake you.

Then tell him. He deserves to know.

What Girls Said 3

• Uhh... well, consider proving you really are who you say you are with a verifiable picture. Or at the very least, try writing something verifiable and showing your hand or something so he can be relatively sure you're a girl.
    But to start, if your reasons are innocent; as in you just prefer not to send your picture around, especially to people you just met, but figured that he wouldn't want to talk to you otherwise, then explain that. If your motives were some kind of devious seduction than you're probably out of luck.

• Just tell the truth!

• Just be honest and tell him. And I sure hope you've learnt a lesson from this situation.