Who pays for dinner on the first date?

Also should both parties at least offer?

• The guy
  • The girl
  • The guy but the girl should offer to contribute
  • The girl but the guy should offer to contribute

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a little old fashioned dating wise in the respect i think the guy should always pay for dates. If she insists I'll let her pay.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Dinner is a shitty first date. It's boring and needlessly awkward.. trying to chat while eating.. no thanks!

2. Whoever asks should pay.

What Guys Said 13

• Neither if us, we do a runner.

😂😂

Extra thrill. They say things like that help people bond so why not

• In a perfect world where girls initiated dating just as often as guys do, I'd go with the rule "whoeved asked should pay".

But as it is now, guys probably ask 95% of the time, and therefore pay 95% of the time - which isn't fair.

This is why I see going dutch as the only practical option.

• Whoever asked.

• If a guy is serious about and really likes her Id assume he wants to pay. We don't mind paying but she has to give us genuine emotions. It's nice cause if you really like her it makes both of us feel good, odly

If a girl is serious and likes him she should pay then

@Touchmehxx she could lol. I don't think that would be an issue if she wanted too. Its more an issue if he doesn't want too

I do think if a guy or girl really like each other. Paying comes naturally. When you are not fully into someone, you try to find things to either justify being with them or finding things to not be with them

But there shouldn't be an issue if he doesn't want to , if there's not an issue when she doesn't want to

• I feel like parties should offer considering you do not know each other yet so you may as well be prepared to. Also if he makes you pay when you offer then it can say something about him

• The one who asked for the date.

• The one who invited the other xD

• still going on formal dates in the current year lol. you plebs still live in the 1800s.

• whoever asked for the date should pay.

• both

• Both parties should offer.

• the waiter/waitress should pay

• I would go dutch on the first date so I know that she's not there just for the free meal.

What Girls Said 9

• How is 'split the bill' not an option? Or howabouts everyone pays for what they ordered!

• Y'all should just go Dutch.

• Whoever asks the other on the date

• The guy. Of course

• the guy

• Who ever asks should pay.

• Not any of those options. Go Dutch

• My experience, guys always grab the check just so naturally.
    and I don't know I personally feel weird to say 'hey, I want to pay let me pay' (probably bc every time I say this they would go like'dont be silly, no you not,'stuffs like that)
    If we go to a cafe or someplace else after then I'll definitely insist to pay (this time I can use 'you already paid for the dinner' excuse) usually guys always pays for the whole first date though from my experience.