She lives 3 doors down from me in my apartment building. Tips/thoughts on making contact?

Just moved into my apartment in August. I've ran into this cute girl a few times already, twice while we were the only ones in the laundry room doing a load. 2 days ago I walked in, she was doing a load and saw me and smiled. I made some small talk with her for a few minutes and then she got a phone call from her mom. When I got off the elevator back at my floor it turns out her parents were waiting in front of her door for her. I only know this cause when I got off the lady says "Oh that's not her... Was there a girl in the laundry room with you?" and we all had a laugh. But I realized that she lives only 3 doors down the hall from me.

All the units in the building are studios, and I think there's at least a decent chance she's single. Aside from just waiting until the next time we bump into each other, do you think it would be too forward to just knock on her door sometime when I know she's probably home and say hi? Or some other way of making contact? I haven't ran into her often enough to think that I will for sure bump into her, for example, sometime within the next week. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say wait til you bump into her again and then ask her if she wants to hang out.. tell her your unit number and see if she wants to come watch a movie or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• Next time you run into her just flirt a bit with her and then ask her out. Or suggest that you two go get something to eat and a nice place near you. Don't go find her door and knock on it. She would find that creepy. Also don't do the secret admirer. Women always put their imaginary boyfreind on to high of a pedestal that no man can measure up to. Just be nice with her and ask her out.

What Girls Said 12

• No gal can resist complements and so a knock on her door with a welcome gift with your address/phone can be left after a howdy-do, enjoyed our visits & wish to have more of these in other venues.
    She hopefully will not be busy and invite you in, during which you must pass all the trust tests she puts out, in order to be invited back, each time more informally - she may eventually make the first move.
    Otherwise, she will designate a better time to say thanks with conversation.

• You could always have a small party or something and put an invite under her door to invite her over. Works best if you know some others in your building. Otherwise you could always slip her a note reminding her who you are and asking if she'd like coffee sometime with mention of when you'll be around if she wants to do that.

• Do this... Knock and tell her "i started to make brownies for my mom, boss, local homeless shelter, bake sale, church picnic and i ran out of eggs! Im so dumb and i already started mixing some. Do you mind if i borrow one. I promise to return it!"

She won't think anything of it. Its what neighbor's, even in studios, do. And then you leave a carton of eggs the next day with a note attached to her door. "Thanks for the eggs! You saved me big time. Got extra brownies. Stop over for one if you're a chocolate fan."

There you go. Date one. If she wants to know more she WILL stop by. And if not this is totally polite and nothing more. I would not assume someone was crushing me if i got this note. It wouldn't leave us "awkward". Just a friendly neighbor. Buuuuutttt if i were interested i would follow up.

If you do something like this be sure to make brownies and serve 2 or 3 so she doesn't suspect you are lying about some eggs haha

• Go buy a girls shirt knock on the door and ask her if she left it bc it looked like it was her size but buy a small or xsmall lmao

• Wait till you bump into her... we don't want her thinkinh ur a bit creepy just showing up at her door.

• Knock on her door at 2 in the morning... naked and ask her if she wants to 'do sex with you'

• You can first , ask how is the neighborhood as you are new. Then started to say "Hi , how are you " When you see her, as you would already have made contact

• Maybe if you bump into her again ask her to have dinner at yours or hers. I think it would maybe be a bit intrusive to just knock on the door she might be the type of person who finds that a bit rude not sure though

• Do not knock on her door... lol

• ask to borrow a cup of sugar.. or does she have a pet and do you?

• Halloween is coming up, use that opportunity. Or what one of my neighbours did at Christmas is he baked me some Christmas cookies then knocked on my door. Christmas is soon too.

• noooo do not knock on her door.
    I think the best chance would be just keep going to the laundry room lol
    and next time you bump into her just make a casual conversation, and ask her out.

This. Women like the illusion of spontaneity. Wait until you see her again then make your move.

You gotta be different to get the girl. Otherwise, another guy will pick her up as well, plus, her parents will get to see you as well.

What Guys Said 17

• Go buy her some flowers.. knock on her door and say "Hey, the flower guy just delivered these to the wrong apartment"... Hand them to her and on the attached card write some silly little note like "Sike, these are from me.".. After she reads it, say "I picked the ones that made me think of you... I would love to take you out for dinner sometime." and see how she reacts.

Don't get roses. That would be too over the top. Grab something colorful...

• In college, summer apartment, I saw mine walking from parking lot into apartment 1st floor = neighbor. Curvy enough to get a rise in my pants, even though a gal next door type.

I knocked on her door to offer her a welcome to neighborhood gift of some kind to begin a conversation inside. Although she was rather depressed/tired/resolved/whatever, things got around to innuendos & then making out. It never took me more than 3 "dates" with a non-virgin to be plowing her between her sheets.
    We kinda drifted away as this summer passed, perhaps another gal came along or returned to my scene or this one just wasn't as enthusiastic in the sack?

• Bro please DO NOT knock on her door lmao she might get a little weirded out lol maybe just wait to run into her again and say something to start a casual convo its all good.

• I wouldn't knock on her door but wait for next casual encounter to see if there is any connection there.

• It would be weird to randomly knock on her door especially if she has never told you where she lives she may think your a creep. Your best bet is make it an effort you walk out the door when she does or hope to bump into her aging and possibly ask her out or for her contact info

• I definitely wouldn't recommend showing up at her door and knocking for a date. That's a safe haven. You don't fuck with it.

Next time you run into her in the laundry room, ask her there.

• Send her dick pics.
    If she's not hot abort

This message has been endorsed by Jeb Bush

• Scenario A. Knock on her door. "Hey my name's Anonymous, I saw you a few times and had to come say Hi!"
    Scenario B. Bump into her. "Hey I'm Anonymous! How are you doing?"

• LOL. The old me would have handled that by spending two hours doing laundry every night hoping to run into her again.

• Don't do it. That's an even worse idea than fooling with a coworker.

• Naw, do it. Girls like guys with balls. Knock on her door and tell her you like her and ask her out. Mention how you live real close.

• make a cake a be good neighbour. just keep up the small talk: if you gave her the cake she knows where to find you (hint hint)

• No women are single, they always have some guy in the background, whether it's some friendzoned chump or the hot guy that won't commit. They all have a backup plan.

• Walk up to her and say hi and tell her your name then invite her for lunch

• Don't knock on her door. You'll run into her again soon.

• Invite her for cup of coffee, order a pizza invite her over

• I haven't really lived in any apartment buildings other than a college residence once but I think it be ok if you talked to her next time you see her if she is in a common or public area of the building