Why are guys so ok with not getting closure?

It's quite often that females feel we need some kind of closure on a relationships.

But guys are known to completely ghost when they dont want to commit or break up with a girl if they got into a relationship of some kind.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it can be hard for some guys, because society generally tells guys that it's not okay for them to express their emotions. Guys are seen as weak if they express emotion. Now things are getting better, but there is still a lot of shaming going on when men are expressing their emotional side. I think that might be part of it.

They don't want to see a lady cry, so instead of being up front and having to deal with the crying or emotions, it's just simply easier to ghost. I think that's why a lot of people do it now.

But honestly, it's better to be honest.

I like getting closure, but I think no matter what someone says, I don't think it's really going to help. There's always going to be some questions. But I think instead of worrying about exactly why something happens, just accept it and try to do the best to move on.

I've been in a lot of situations and relationships where the guy has ghosted or it was unclear exactly why we broke up and why he lost interest. It definitely hurts, and I've been there wondering why. But it's just easier to accept it and move on. A lot of times it has nothing to do with what you did or you as a person. It's more just they have their own issues they are working through. Perhaps you just weren't the person they could work through things with. And they needed to be with someone else for some reason.

What Guys Said 16

• Um, we're not? Ahh. Here's the thing. I think that whomever feels less in the relationship cares less about closure. They've already determined their closure, so they don't care about yours. Male or female. That's just the way it goes. They came to the decision to break up or otherwise have other avenues to explore, so they don't need closure. The only one that needs closure is the one who thought the relationship was going to keep going. Maybe.

• We do get closure, it's just that we don't need a formal conversation like girls do to feel like it's over. We *know* when it's over, and when it's over, there's nothing more to talk about.

• To be honest I don't see it has helpful in anyway. We aren't working out we break up we go our separate ways and that's it.

Women make things too difficult. After a breakup I don't want to talk to my now ex for hours at time or see her a few times a week for "closure". I just want whatever shit you have of mine and be done with it. Women talk too much.

• hun when its really bad
    we want to kill you women
    and i mean literally so its best that we stay away
    and give us time to breath and relax, cause where talking about a break up
    and if it involves kids even worse, cause now there is an even higher chance of being killed if he actually cares about the child

• ghosting is wrong on any level... but we don't mind NOT getting closer because we know we have to move on. When the relationship is over, there is no point arguing or explaining : there is nothing, so move on

• "Closure" is a euphemistic bullshit psychological term for putting a boundary on something that does not have one. We are OK with not getting closure because there really is no such thing. There is only distance in time and space, but never closure.

• guys just take the hint that were not wanted anymore.

• Closure is ending the relationship. A lot of the time if it gets to that point I don't want to see her again.

I've never "ghosted" a women but I've never felt the need within friendships or relationships to talk about why they failed. They did. I know it didn't work. It's time to move on.

• The one who initiates the break up doesn't need closure. Your question seems to imply guys are always the one to initiate the break up.

• That is closure 😂😂😂

• what closure? if you fucked up you fucked up and then the contact stops. there is no point in keeping contact and doing all dramatic like its some kind of hollywood movie. this not real life.

• What's the point, if it's over then it's over. There's nothing you can do but move on.

• What is closure exactly? I'm the kind of guys that wants my body burned in the backyard when I die because I will be dead so idgaf and a funeral is a waste of money so maybe I'm not the best person to ask here.

• So you think girls don't gosh, don't you?

Two out of four girls I dated simply disappeared.

• I know plenty of guys who want closure.

Whoever does the dumping or wants commitment less, doesn't want 'closure'. Whoever is hanging on wants it.

• We just move on. No biggie.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know... I've often wondered the same thing myself.
    Maybe it's cos they're not "hardwired" to be emotional and so them wanting (or needing) closure would make them look "weak"(?)

• I think because they try to forget the pain.

• Well, the guy ghosting already has closure, cuz he's the one ending things.

Like he probably doesn't want to deal with a conversation, which is lame, but he probably already has closure