Does "No Contact" really work?

Any experiences of it working for you?

2mo General question. I'm not trying to get someone back.

Most Helpful Guy

• Does it work to accomplish what? Getting over the person or getting back together?

Both

If you have broken up with someone for reasons related to the quality of the relationship, you should not be considering reunion. You broke up for a reason and if you reunite, you will rediscover that reason very quickly. If you want to move forward with your life, it doesn't make sense to maintain any contact with your ex. No contact is the only thing that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• People won't miss you unless you give them space to. The answer is sometimes. And sometimes when they notice you're gone you don't care so much.

What Guys Said 9

• well my only no contact experience was with a girl who went out with me then rejected me, i improved physically and mentally and removed her from my life, she started liking me a lot, who knew.

Please tell me you didn't take her back.

I'm glad you didn't take her back and I'm glad you improved yourself. I hope you find someone who deserves you <3

thank you , i believe every person should be logical when it comes to such issues, i am usually patient, nice and laid back but i have another side that people dont always get to see, iam a very logical person and dont always act on emotions some of my preferences or rules may sound cold and emotionless but i try to be realstic and minimise the damage.

• Start with 'No Contact" first. Then you can slowly proceed with more and more contact till one fine day you completely engulf her in your arms.

• Don't send.. mixed... signals

• Some people it does but usually the ones who do that play mind games and that gets old after awhile.

• Define "work"... What's your goal here?

I have no goal. It's just a general question :)

@miamigirl1970 that is sad :(

It has been a terrible thing for me trust me!

• yeah it does works sometimes

• Yeah it does... Out of sight out of mind..

I would recommend trying closure first though.

This, no contact is a last not first resort.

I don't ask questions relatable to myself unless I have given details to my situation it's just a general question.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• I found it worked really well for me. No contact allows you to get on with your life and you eventually meet new people and before you know it you're back to your old self again.

• I have done that before but it's because I didn't wanna talk to that person anymore and was fed up with his ways and how much he hurt me. He's been initiating texts a lot after that but i just be polite and respond. I don't initiate at all anymore because, if possible, I don't wanna have anything to do with him anymore... not even being friends.
    So yea, in my case, NC "worked"... Though my objective wasn't to get them to want or miss me... But it just did.

• I am in the middle of NO CONTACT now. It has worked for him, but drives me insane... It has been since April, but this is regarding a sticky situation - both married, and had five year affair, broke it off a year ago, then got back, then broke it off again... he totally has gone no contact, i have emailed only twice since April, no response. Wrote a long letter, just the other day... it seems to work for the guys more, especially when they want to move on, and bury hurt!

• It depends on the person, i have one ex that i didn't want contact with, he pops up every couple of years and says something because we have mutual friends, and i have other ex's where once we were done that was it, but this one ex i had to delete my email, and change my phone number because he was always trying to talk me into going back with him. I only keep in contact with one of my ex's because it was a mistake even dating him and screwed our friendship up. We only dated like 2 weeks and he had cheated on me in that time frame lol i forgave him because we were seriously better as just friends and nothing else. He stops into my parents house and helps my dad out from time to time and my parents still call him their adopted child.

• Yess he'll miss youu and will follow you by himself trust me it works

• Yes, it helps you move past your feeling for the other person and focuse on you.

• yup it does

• Well when you say "is it working for you," what do you mean then if you aren't trying to get him/her back?

• Sometimes it does and other times no. It depends on the person I think. I believe if someone really starts to miss th other and they have not heard from the person in awhile they start to think about them more and more. Like the love they had for the person never went away it just woke up again after no contact. Others however brush it off. I have ignored a couple of people without the intention of getting either back and they came running back begging. Guess you don't know what you got until it's gone.