Why do I keep attracting heathen women?

I'm a religious man, a proud Roman Catholic, my religious convictions are important to me and whilst I do not necessarily expect a woman to be religious I do expect her to conform to the high standards of conduct that I follow.

I've met two women over the last year and they were nice women, they had good personalities, I got on with both women but they've both had a history of sleeping around. The first girl cheated on her boyfriend with a major player that I know, so I ended up ghosting on her. The second woman has slept around with numerous guys and has been involved with over a handful of guys at our work.

I'm bitterly disappointed that I attract women with such poor morals, they are heathens with no solid convictions or guidance. It disgusts me that such women would even think I would want to be with them knowing their past.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well all I can say is that for you to keep looking and date somebody who shares your views and values. While your entitled to your opinion you need to make sure you uphold those standards to yourself. These women have past that they may or may not be proud of. The point is you attract who you attract. Just because they come up to you, it doesn't mean you have to date them. If you sense that their loose women, don't date them. It is within your right to reject them as its within their right to find somebody else who doesn't care about their past.

Most Helpful Guy

• I my self suffer these convictions and wonder as well why other people don't. If I were you I would just take the time to better myself knowing the next person I meet "could" be the one. What's the rush? If you do it this way you could potentionally find the wrong person like so many before you and wind up in a divorce and you would be regretting your choices you once made. don't wind up another statistic. Might I suggest going to gods house (church) and let him decide who is right. It's worth a shot.. ✌️

Thank you friend. I am fortunate that I do not rush into things and always proceed with caution. I am thankful to God for showing me the true nature of these two women and I believe God will lead me to a beautiful woman who will give me the greatest honor of being a loving husband and devoted Father.

Thank you, I believe the same is true of you.

Thanks but either way I'm fine o don't know where the road will lead, but I do know the one who is in charge of it.. ✌️

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think judgmental people like you deserve love until you learn to be more like the Jesus you seem to praise.

he's not really saying anything bad, he is simply stating that he is religious and does not want a relationship with such women and lets be honest most men dont, he is not a saint but a human being, and these women had their fun and now want a guy with morals and values to accept them, i dont think thats how it works.

@IceCubedude I believe as a man of conviction, morals, ethics and standards that I have everything to cast judgment upon those who fail to meet the standards that I live up to. I accept that not everyone adheres to the same standards and I choose not to associate with those people.

I understand what you are saying, but often we don't really know what's best for us until it happens?
      If we always listened to our minds we would be in huge trouble.
      That's why you trust what your eyes can't see and what your ears can't hear.

My partner isn't a saint - he judges too sometimes. All of us do like a reflex. I think the judgmental part within us is humans trying to play God and fearing evil instead of trusting good.

• If you don't expect her to have to follow your religion, just to have morals, then don't refer to them as heathens. A heathen is simply someone who doesn't follow one of the Abrahamic religions, not someone with loose morals. Most people who don't follow an Abrahamic religion are perfectly nice people who have lovely morals.

Heathen means uncivilized which is what women like the two I have described. The word heathen has more than one definition.

And the common definition is 'one who does not follow the primary religion - or the religion of the speaker.

@Walrus_au Yes that too.

• I would avoid dating girls at work. Never a good idea. And don't allow your high moral values to interfere with you being a decent human being. Ghosting? Not nice. Being disgusted by girls who aren't virgins isn't helping you either...

Ghosting is perfectly acceptable when done to a woman who has committed infidelity. As for disliking women who are virgins? That's not correct as I have not mentioned virgin women.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind! (I think it was Ghandi who said that. He wasn't the kindest guy either, though.) You are justifying ghosting because you feel one betrayal deserves a betrayal in return; by doing so you just admitted to betrayal. So are you likening yourself to Judas, then? Because betrayal (i. e. Judas) was a lot less favored in the Bible than, say, David with his sexual immorality and sexual sin. Just something to think about. Being disgusted by sinners when you are one isn't very Christ-like.

Your words are the words of a woman who perhaps feel scorned by my stance, perhaps my stance upsets you because you do not conform to my standards and may well feel excluded and judged?

As for Judas, he betrayed Jesus for monetary gain, whereas I cannot be bought for any price.

• It's a mystery to me how you attract women at all.

It is a mystery, I honestly don't know why these women would think I would lower my standards and date them.

• Maybe you're not as Christian as you claim.

• Then use your discernment to court different women.

These women pursue me.

Now you just need to pursue the "right" women.

There might not be right women.

• You ain't a priest are you?

• Two women is a very small sample size.

Go to additional church functions, see if your diocese has any regional events, look for a local Bible study group, etc.

It's a developing trend which I fear will only get worse.

• Like you are so perfect? Go on Christianmingle. com if you want a "self righteous" person like yourself. FYI just because someone has had sex does not make them a "heathen" or any less of a person. Serial killers are the real evil in this world. Grow up.

Heathen means uncivilized and men and women who have sex outside commitment and commit acts of infidelity are heathens. Women can cheat on their boyfriend's and have sex with multiple men but they have no right to expect me to date them.

What Guys Said 11

• you gotta understand most women
    don't believe in GOD so they make there own rules
    and we all know humans rules are stupid lol

I wouldn't call them stupid but I do pity them. It must be hard having few morals, ethics and standards.

the bible calls the fools
      so i will too

Yes it does and I support your right to call them fools.

• Opposites attract principle?

That is true but not in my case. I want a woman that shares the same values as me.

Thank you kind, sir, I wish you the best.

Thank you as well young friend, may your path be blessed 🌹😊

• Just wear a T-shirt that says,"I'm a self-righteous prig." That'll do it.

Nice insult but rejecting women for not complying with my standards is hardly me being self-righteous.

It's not insult. I'm trying to help you protect yourself from these women's unwelcome advances.

I just ignore them and don't acknowledge them though it's not working with the second girl who is so delusional that she thinks she has a chance with me. Bless her.

• Well, objectively speaking, there's nothing wrong with having sex with a bunch of people. It feels good, and it's a function of the human body. Society has made promiscuousness shameful, and religion opposes it, but when you're not religious, there's nothing directly telling you it's wrong, certainly not the people you're having sex with. These women who are interested in you don't see any problem in the number of partners they've had, certainly nothing that would bar them from entering a new relationship. The one that cheated on her boyfriend, yeah, she's probably not great, and should expect to find it hard to get a new relationship, but the other doesn't see herself as having done anything wrong.
    And just to be clear, lacking religion doesn't mean you lack morals. You simply acquire them differently. Just because they don't believe sex is shameful doesn't mean they aren't good people.

They may or may not be good people but they have no right to single me out for a relationship.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong to take this approach to dating, I'm simply trying to answer your question, which is why these women would ask you out. They don't know that they don't have a chance, so they take the risk.

I understand, sir but even when I ignore this second girl she doesn't seem to get the hint. She's a beautiful woman who attracts men, so she should go after those other guys.

• Any self respecting woman should stay away from religion and religious attitudes, I have yet to come across any mainstream religion that is not hideously anti-woman.

The fact that you think not believing in your religon equals poor morals shows how little you know about your religion.

Start by reading the book. Start at the beginning, don't stop till you get too the end (or end up doing yourself injury to get away from it)

That's a pretty strong tone. I am not anti-woman at all I just don't want women who commit acts of infidelity or who sleep around pursuing me for a relationship? They should try being in a relationships with the men they sleep with and leave me well alone. I fail to see what's wrong with that?

You're boring me to tears.

I asked for advice and not a lecture. If you want women like the two I have described then that's fine but I don't and that's fine too. It's my preference.

• I wish I had this problem. It's annoying to me that nearly all the cute girls are religious. It sucks.

• do you date women from your church?

Most women in my church are married, have children or are very old. I haven't met many women from my church who are in my age demographic.

it'll happen. if you don't like them don't date them it's not your fault if you don't like them. and my big brother always told me about peer pressure and women... when in doubt chicken out. look into some. Catholic groups on Facebook in your area

Thank you, friend. I will take heed of your advice.

• Wow you realy needs some therapy.

• We all hopeyou're a virgin yourself, of course. :)

• You should stop dating outside the church. I literally mean "outside" as in church property. Unless you meet them at the church or a church function, just don't.

At you're age the dating pool with you standards is shrinking everyday. Time accept what's more important. Being with a women or those standards.