Have you used tinder? whats your experience with it?

I have never used a dating app or site so i dont know anything about it. Im thinking about it maybe giving it a try. Does it even work? I am extremely skeptical, i think this is never gonna work for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I use Tinder. I've been using it for a few months now and have met about 5 people through it and all of them have actually been/seemed like pretty good guys. (I've been told I've gotten lucky though.) The one I have been talking to the longest, 3 and 1/2 months, is super attractive and funny and cool and we get along great. But the thing with us is I don't know where we stand exactly and so my recommendation to you is that whatever you are looking to gain from using Tinder (serious relationship, casual dating, friend, hookup, etc.) let the people you talk to on there know right off the bat and also ask them what they are looking for! Otherwise you'll just be wasting your time. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• PILES of fake women, like 9/10 pretty lame app, but i didn't use it for long.

ie paid fake women making you think theyre real tinder users... it's a $ trap for men... some are real, but way too many fake accounts to be worth it..

this is what i was thinking, thats why i was skeptical about it that it would even be practical.

try pof. com (plenty of fish) all real women

What Girls Said 10

• Hooked up with one dude off it who turned out to be a tool.
    But also hooked up with a dude from okcupid who was garbage at sex.

So it just kind of depends on the people you meet. They won't all be the same, but. There will definitely be bad apples.

• It was a waste of time for me. Most everyone is just there to get laid. Takes days to respond. Even the semi decent guys who say they aren't there for a hookup, really are there for a hookup.

• I've used it. I met a "nice" guy off there. I thought he was genuine. Turned out he only wanted to date me because he felt obligated (his exact explanation). He also had a girlfriend at home.

Not only did I never get on the app again, but I'm officially turned off all "nice" guys.

you should not let one guy determine your view of all others.

@ProbablyTooMature My mom has always been uncomfortable with me messing with guys (she prefers I focus on school before "funny looking boys"). But she really couldn't say much now.

I'm still developing mentally and emotionally. I still do so immature stuff or have reactions to things that I don't think through. It's a struggle. I wanna be this mature lady but I always eff up lol

@LoloWaye Hahaha. Funny looking boys. I like your mom. It's true that school should be your first focus... But it doesn't mean it has to be your only focus. :-)

That's good that you recognize that. We're all constantly growing and maturing. At least, those who aren't complacent. Making mistakes is okay... Just learn from them. :-)

• I did use it like 3 years ago for dating.
    I used it as a game honesty. Had like 1,200 matches when I deleted it. lmao
    Went on 1 date… he was an asshole… deleted tinder for good haha

turned into a game when i realized no one on there was on it for dating**

Haha some of us were. I found my second girlfriend on Tinder =)

But yea I agree with you

@rgb008 i see, so i dont have to take it too seriously.

• I never used Tinder. I'm not interested in hookups. It must be dangerous and I don't trust dating apps.
    But that's just me, it might work for you.

• It suuucks, no cute guys for miles and miles 😭

• Yeah I use it lol I've developed one relationship and only been out with about 3

• Nope! I'm staying away from that.. so cringe!

• Never used it

• Unless you want hookups, and 1 match a month go for it.

how come it is that shitty? its a dating app and nobody is dating on it?

What Guys Said 8

• It depends on who you are/what you're looking for/how you come across.

I used Tinder for 9 months and got 450 matches. I got a good 20 dates off it. Honestly I didn't know why I was using it but I ended up finding a girlfriend that I was with for 6 months. I would say that's a success and am not skeptical at all.

This is going to sound shallow but you have to be within the top 20% of men in terms of looks to survive on Tinder and any dating site really. Women don't see things like "how you move" or "how you talk" online. They can only see pictures of your physique and the 500 characters you put in your biography.

The best advice I could give you... and again it sounds shallow... is: Know your place in terms of looks.

BOTH GENDERS tend to go into online dating rating themselves more than they actually are. These people then come out unhappy because they get attention from others whom they perceive as less attractive than them. This is where all that skepticism and criticism comes from. I'm guilty of this too. I was always the math/nerdy type and I would message 10/10 girls who were shallow garbage (by my standards nowadays). I ended up getting no responses and I was bummed. Nowadays the few times I have looked for a new girlfriend or hookup, I would flat out say "If you can't solve for x, don't message me" etc. Good for filtering out people who were incompatible. I rarely go more than 2 weeks - 2 months without a girlfriend or hookup now.

Anyhow hope you enjoy my tangent!

• It definitely works, your success with it will be dependent upon how attractive you look. Some guys will struggle to get any matches while others get tons. I've used it just to try it out, I didn't bother to talk to any of my matches, but it's alright.

• Tinder is infested with bots who "like" everyone, then try to get ur contact info to spam you.

I only use Tinder when traveling out of town, to see how useful it is. I have met some women off Tinder and got a few dates and some play, but the odds are extremely low.

I don't even read profiles on Tinder. I just mindlessly tap the like button, without even looking at the screen much, until I run out of likes, then they reset after 12 hours. Then I do it again.

When I travel, I do this once in the morning (let's say 9am), so I can do this once in the evening in the same day.

I find reading profiles on Tinder a TOTAL waste of time, until she matches with me (which is a bot more than half the time).

yeah i thought it would be like that, thats why i am skeptical about it.

The best way to use Tinder, is like how I described. Keep wacking the "like" button, while doing something else, and occasionally glance at your phone just in case you get a match.

THEN read the profile, send a quick message based on her profile, and see if she's real or not.

• I've met up with a couple of girls from the app. One really wanted to date me but I didn't feel it with her, another girl just... got what she wanted and booted me to the curb. Hahahah. So I guess not just guys do it. :-P

• Never downloaded it.

• It's really a disapointement it could definitely be a better if i would stop matching
    with girls who don't live in the same city or don't look like their pictures...

• I have it installed, but not using it much. and compared to other apps I get much fewer matches

• I tried it. It's disappointing.