Would it be a big turn off if a woman still lived with her parents?

So my parents want to buy a home and I would be living there and helping to pay the mortgage and help fix up the place. My parents are getting close to retirement age and they currently rent. I moved back in with my parents last year because I had just gotten a new job closer to home. I'm 27 and work full-time and I have my own car. My job is literally in the town that we would be moving too and my current commute is less than 10 minutes.

I'm very independent, I just happen to live with my parents. I am close to my family, and I enjoy the area where I live. My parents would like to buy a home so they have something to leave me and my sister when they pass on.

I have lived outside of my parents home for 6 years. I went to college, and moved to a city. I liked living there, it's just hard to find something that is decent and still allows me to save for a down payment. I don't currently have the money to buy a home myself. I would be actively saving for my own house someday. But I would also be paying rent and helping fix up the house.

What do you guys think? Would you date a girl like this or would that be too much of a turn off?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think she is smart since she found a way to save money for her future.

Also, what's the point of people buying a house until they find someone (a mate/spouse) that they want to live with. Otherwise if both people were already buying a house and wanted to live together, they would have to sell the house one of them is already buying, probably losing many thousands in the process since the 30 years of interest would have already been figured into what they owe on it. If you know how mortgages work, you know what I'm talking about.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys dont care. You can be unemployed and homeless, as long as you're pretty, theyll give you a chance.

What Guys Said 26

• 99% of guys don't give a shit if a woman lives at home. Men aren't like women. We don't care about ambition or drive or anything. It literally has 0 influence on a typical man's decision. And the ones who *might* give them pause, would be easily solved with what you've just said. All that ultimately matters is chemistry and physical attraction to males.

• Not a turn off if she's willing to hangout at my place and spend the night.

If not then it begins to remind me of a teenage relationship, which turns me off.

Definitely willing to spend the night and hang out at the guy's place!!! It would be a nice break from my family sometimes!

Then you have nothing to worry about OP!

• I don't think that's a turnoff at all. You have your own car and a full-time job and you are helping your parents out to secure a future for you and your sister. There is nothing wrong at all. It's not like you're living with them out of laziness or mistakes. The only thing I could foresee is the awkwardness of wanting to get sexual or romantic while in her parent's house but I'm sure most guys in our age group at least have their own place that you could always just go to if you needed some privacy.

• No that would not be a problem. Everyone's situation is different and lots of people in their twenties intermittently live with their parents. Long term, It helps you save a lot of money for later. If everything went well she would be spending most nights at my place anyway! ;)

• I wouldn't care. The main thing I care is that you've lived on your own before, and was responsible for taking care of yourself, so you (hopefully) have realistic priorities and expectations that people who've never had to be completely responsible for themselves usually don't have.

Your reasons for moving in with your parents are completely sensible.

• I wouldn't care I think living with your parents for economic reasons is totally ok if you have a job. Its like going to a community college for a couple years to save money it shows intelligence and thriftiness in my opinion. can't speak for all men though

• At that age some guys may be hesitant. However my personal feeling is if I'm attracted to you and want to be with you I couldn't care less about where you live or who you live with. The only downside would be your place likely wouldn't be an option to hang out at just because you're not alone and wouldn't have complete privacy.

• That is a cool situation for me. A lot of people in same boat because of house prices

• Most men won't mind this at all.

• guys dont respond to the opposite gender in the negative ways girls do, so a girl living with her parents wouldn't be a deal breaker at all.

• nope, not a problem for the woman. I bet it is different for guys...

but if the reason was that you are a daddy's girl or there were big problems associated, those may be an issue.

No definitely not a daddy's girl

• Of the information you gave, I would date her. MY main concern is that she hasn't / hadn't lived away from her parents and find out who she truly is. I know that I wore a LOT of masks when growing up with my parents. Now that I'm out of the house, I'm more self assured.

I've actually lived away from my parents for 6 years. Just got sick of having issues with room-mates and having to move due to those issues. I moved a lot in the past few years (at least once a year!). So ya, it's nice to not have to move because moving sucks!

Got it. Sorry if I implied that I didn't see everything that you wrote.

No, this would not be a turn off.

No worries! Thanks for the feedback! :)

• Not for me it isn't, i know how hard it is to make it out there n the price of things are outrageous, so being with friends or family is smart to do. Plus family is important to me, a girl still at home i know at least she can stand her family to stay with them lol 😀

• If you're attractive, fun to hang out with, and not a bitch then I wouldn't care.

• Men don't give a crap what you do for work or where you live.

• I'm 20 and still live with my parents, and have no plans to leave in the near future. I'm absolutely fine with it.

• If living in the same house but in your own apartment, then no problem. Otherwise probably no problem given your independent spirit, but God is in the details.

• Guys don't care. Unlike men, women get a pass on this one.

• No, it's only embarrassing if you sit on your parents sofa all day doing nothing with no intent to get a job at all.

Read the details, I work full-time, definitely don't sit on the sofa all day long and I own my own car! :P

• It would initially raise a red flag as it would most people.

• No, it wouldn't be a turn off but would respect the parents wishes.

• I wouldn't think so helping out you're family says to me you value family

• I wouldn't care or mind at all.

• For women no

• well, girls won't date guys who still live at home, right?

I've dated several guys who lived at home.

Uh, yes I have! My college boyfriend lived with his parents and so did my boyfriend before that.

no you haven't

• We usually don't care if you live with your parents, it's women that have a problem with us doing that but you'll end up at the guys house mostly when you're dating

What Girls Said 0