Can a guy and girl never be friends?

I've tried to befriend a lot of men in my past and still trying to, but most of the time the guy i wanna be friends with always end up talking about sex and then i feel weird and the most of the guys I've talked to seem less friendly but more lusty... is it ever possible to be friends with men, not friends with benefit but a decent friend with whom i can hang out and share my experiences?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is possible, but not likely to be easy to accomplish. When both people are single, I think it is more difficult because you are both technically available. Plus, the more he likes you as a person, the more likely he will start to be romantically interested in you unless he already has someone to fill that emotional void.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly every single guy I've befriended ends up asking me out and it makes things awkward. I guess I can say it's partly my fault because sometimes I'm just in denial that they like me and I'll just ignore it or unconsciously flirt back. I do think it's possible but it's really hard mostly when you are both single.

What Guys Said 3

• It's very hard because a lot of times as men we start to feel a strong connection towards a women we spend a lot of time with and if we find them attractive especially it's hard to stay friends. Emotions are powerful but lust is even greater

• no most guys and girls will not be friends because of the sexual tension

• What do people not understand about this? -_-

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah... its hard but yuh maybe your irresistible