What happens to friends when one of them asks the other out?

I feel like it's going to ruin our friendship if she says no. Also Im just really scared she'll sat no.

I don't know how much I like her because I'm not very physically attracted to her but her personality is wonderful.

Anyway. I'm getting close to asking her out, I'm just wondering if she says no if it'll be weird between us. PS: we're both super conservative and christian. So I feel like it'll be more likely she'll say she's not ready.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're not physically attracted to her, I wouldn't recommend asking her out. Even if she accepts (which you don't even think is likely to happen), it will only be a matter of time until you feel like you can do better. Looks aren't everything; personality is very important as well, but you still have to be attracted to the person you're with.

What Girls Said 3

• They might start dating, or might decide to forgo a romantic relationship.
    Just because one isn't into it doesn't mean that your friendship will be lost. I turned my boyfriend down and though we did take a 'week off' from texting/calling/hanging out on campus, the friendship that we'd had beforehand resumed without much issue afterwards.

We did end up dating after I became certain that I WAS interested in more but even if that hadn't happened, the friendship we had and continued to have, regardless, was pretty much unchanged. (nothing to feel weird about, Christian/super conservative or not. Asking someone to start a relationship with you is very different from 'drop trou'.

• If she says no then yes, it will be awkward for awhile. But it doesn't mean it will be like that forever. In time you'll both get over it.

• First of all, Are you sure you really like her? Once you ask her u can't take it back. If you're gonna risk potentially ruining a friendship make sure it's worth it.

What Guys Said 1

• Never, ever been good friends, and taken it further, with good results!!
    Women seem to categorize and if you are a 'friend' she doesn't think of you like a sexual partner! she 'Friend-Zoned' you!!
    it's ok, though, you can be her emotional tampon, when she breaks up with the countless d-bags that she likes, and they just fck her, and leave her crying!
    She is NEVER going to see you, being 'Friend-zoned' as anything more that a 'big brother' type!!