Should I tell my boyfriend he's getting fat?

he used to be a really fit athlete, but here's the last pic he sent me (i cut out his head and under the pic) and he's looking unfit. we haven't talked about it, but he's gained a lot of weight recently.should i tell my boyfriend he's getting fat?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Do y'all live together?

If yes - who does the cooking? Start cooking healthier meals and don't buy any junk snacks. Opt for buying flavor packets for water and don't purchase sugary drinks.

Suggest going for a walk and/or run a few evenings during the week.

no we've actually been long distance for the past few months. i only noticed his weight gain in the last pics he sent.

He might be eating more as a coping mechanism because he misses you. Not that I'm blaming you at all, but it's a highly likely scenario.

i thought about that and im ok with that. tbh i like that he might be less desirable to other girls.

What Guys Said 16

• He's an athlete? Of what?
    Competitive eating?

• That's not fat. Gross and I think he's pushing out his stomach, but not fat. Great now I have to focus on scrubbing that image out of my mind..

• It is a delicate matter. You need to tell him skilfully. Anyway boys don't mind if they are fat. So even if you tell him that he is fat , he may not be ready to change. Accept him as he is. If you irritate him , he may dump you.

• Yeah, best to nip it in the bud; I knew a guy who died of a heart attack at 38 (he was considerably fatter than this).

• why, is he blind?

• Yes.
    If you're concerned of course take action.

• Yes you defiantly should tell him

• sure, honesty is always the best

• Yes, you should tell him.

• Yes. And you have a right to leave him if he's not keeping himself in the condition he was in when you got together.

• Looool :D Just leave this noob get a new one. He looks like an alien, look at these arms lmao.

• i though this body is a kids body like 6 or 7 years old lol

• yeah he's got that underbelly crease only fatasses get

• yes do

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Answer this honestly: how would you feel if he said you were getting fat?

• Yeah, but be subtle about it, if he gets butthurt or something he's most likely not gonna change a thing.

• Personally I think you should find a way to tactfully tell him that he is gaining a bit of weight and you'd prefer him to take care of himself. I would say the same if the situation were reversed.

• Tell him, I think you should be honest with your boyfriend.

• only if he's overweight

• I tell my boyfriend when he starts gaining a bit. He is very healthy, and it isn't hard for him to lose weight if he does gain about 5 pounds.

Better stop your boyfriend now than later.