Is there such thing as meeting the right person at the wrong time?

Can you ever reconnect at the right time? How?

2mo bump

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. When I was 18 a feel madly in love with a guy, but the thing for me is, for some reason, relationships scare me. I'm happy to be friends with benefits, that way you get happy medium but I haven't wanted to be in a relationship yet. ( I was in a long distance relationship for 8 months but that never really felt like a relationship)
    With him, we could never have been just friends with benefits. I already had feelings for him. I did think would get together at the "right" if there was one though. We were friends for a while but it got really complicated and we stopped talking.
    Shortly after that, he went off to university and I met someone else, again who I was just friends with benefits with and I got pregnant with my daughter. When I decided to have her, I remember thinking how it was the final nail in the coffin of this other guy and I, and that it wouldn't happen after all, and me getting pregnant by my daughter's dad was another sign that he wasn't the guy for me after all.

My daughter will be two soon and I hadn't seen this other guys for a long, time and I pretty recently started to develop feelings for my daughter's dad. Feelings I hadn't had for him before, and feelings I hadn't had since I was 18. He and I won't ever be together though because his feelings just aren't there for me and that's Ok.

Around about the same time I started to realise those feelings, I started seeing this guy that I'd been so crazy about around again, and we actually had coffee together the other day. We didn't arrange it, we just ran into each other and it was like no time had passed.
    I'm not going to hope that we'll end up together. There aren't many guys who want to be with a single mother and it may be too much for him. I'm also not going to assume he still likes me in any way... but I just cannot shake the feeling that it's not over. So we'll see.

I should have proof read this better. Sorry for the terrible grammar

What Guys Said 13

• Can Confirm, yes.

• Been there, experienced meeting the right person at the wrong time and meeting the wrong person at the right time too, then finally meeting the right person at the right time. All is well that ends well but it can be meh.

• yes it happened to me once. she was everything i wanted in a girl, and i was everything she wanted. but i ended up moving out of state, i was in high school at the time. and it depends on the situation to reconnect and whether the girl makes it happen.

• Sadly, yes... it is a real issue that burned me more than once.

• Absolutely! I met a woman with whom I immediately clicked. She had a great personality, we had tons of stuff in common, and even knew some of the same people when we were younger (although we didn't know about each other back then). Unfortunately, we were both unhappily married to others and, at the time, neither of us were in a position to get divorced. The relationship never turned physical, but we remained friends for years.

• Not possible, because by the time you're ready to reconnect one or the other has already moved on.

• It can happen, but most likely the guy just wasn't interested in you.

P. S. if guys asked questions like these they would be considered extremely desperate/needy.

When are times that it *can* happen?

When there was a mutual click from the start, but you never if he'll even remember that years from now.

• Yea defiantly but then does it actually make them the 'right' person or rather 'potentially right' ...

• Yes has happened to me. Beats me I haven't found out. I'd like to think that some may reconnect

• Maybe that could be possible yeah

• Yes definitely. But don't worry if you meet the right person just be in contact with that person. Wait till the right time to make your move.

• Yes, being rejected because they're dating someone else.

• Yes I dated a girl who I had a ton in common with but just so happened to be newly single from a LTR when I met her. I don't know how things would have worked if she had a clear mind/slate.

What Girls Said 9

• I truly believe that people will come back together at some point if it's meant to be.

Example: my cousin met this girl who was engaged to another guy. He said the connection was so strong and powerful that it knocked him off his feet. He said he knew he had met his wife. They went their separate ways and had no contact. Fast forward 10 years. The girl had separated from her fiance, had a couple of years of no dating, met up with my cousin again, love blossomed, got married. Et voila !

How long did they have no contact for? And how did they meet up again?

They didn't speak for about 8 years. She lived in another country at the time. Then he went to her country for a business trip and they randomly met up. She was no longer engaged and single. They kept in random contact. Then she came back to the UK, they met up again and started dating soon after that. Then he asked her to marry him, she said yes, got married and are very happy together.

• I believe there is. If it was a situation like one person was moving countries for a few years and then was returning then I fully believe you could reconnect then.

• I sort of have a different take on this one. I think that the one that you are in a committed relationship with is the "right one". Providing that the two of you mesh together, if you love one another, then that person is the right mate for you. There are so many dynamics that go into a romantic relationship, so long as most of the blocks fit then you should get along with that mate.

My grandparents "fell in love at first sight", he was from the US and met her in the UK, they were together sixty some years before he passed, they were extremely happy together their whole lives. To me that doesn't fit with the right one theory, it more so fits with making the best relationship you can have with your mate. I mean what are the odds in my grandparents and others being on two different continents being the right one? Then me, I grew up literally three doors down from the guy I married, we're just as happy as my grandparents. So what are the odds of that. My parents met in college, his parents met at a USO sponsored dance,,, what are the odds there both hav been happily married 25 to 30 years each.

When I look at the histories of long term marriages and romantic relationships that stand the test of time, "the one" usually isn't in that equation. What I see is hard work to make a relationship, harder work yet to make that relationship grow and survive. So no, I really don't believe in waiting for the "right one" to just happen along for anyone. you and your mate make each other into Mr. And Miss Right, not the other ay around.

My grandmum told me this when I was about 12 or 13. It didn't make a whole lot of sense then, now that I've been in a relationship it makes lots of sense to both of us.

• Amazing question... but I believe if your gonna be with someone you will its inevitable

• Yes it is possible. Sometimes u just need to wait until the person or you are ready. I met the guy I'm currently dating right after a bad break up. We started to talk and one day he confessed his feelings towards me but I was not ready to date again so I told him that and we didn't talk for a couple months then one day we saw each other and reconnected and now I'm really happy.

• Yes there is ! I think reconnecting is possible... i hope! 🤔☺️

• I don't believe in that kind of saying.

• I'm actually in this situation right now lol so yeah I guess it is possible

• If you two didn't talk, you missed out. Usually you never come across that person again.