Would you care if the girl/guy you are dating has more sexual experience than you?

I have been dating a guy for 2 months and he is a little innocent and shy. I have had sex with 5 people and I am 20. It was a disorganized time in my life and I used to go to a lot of parties and change boyfriends very quickly.

But now I do want a long relationship and I am just afraid to tell him because he will probably change his opinion about me.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're that worried about it, I wouldn't bring it up. I really don't see why people feel the need volunteer this info whether it's their sex life or lack of.

Personally I don't care about a girl being more experienced because realistically it's easier for a girl to get laid than a guy. Having said that, it only turns me off if a girl goes into too much detail about her past sexual encounters like I'm supposed to be impressed by it or it's a trophy.

There's figuring someone has a past then there's going into the details. Anyone who's seen Clerks knows these conversations don't end well.

I once had a girl straight up volunteer her whole entire sexual history on a first date. That turned me off because this person had no shame, class, and crossed extreme boundaries. She shared too much info and then asked about my sex life. It's like jesus fucking christ, why are you telling me this?

What matters to me more is if they're clean and don't have a kid.

Why should she have shame?

@Touchmehxx maybe I used the wrong term but she just told me way too much info. Like she told me about how she fucked her ex 2 days before we met, how they're sex addicts, how long he lasts in bed, how she had sex with 2 guys of the same name as the bartender, her number of partners, asked me how I like oral. This was all at the bar in front of others.

I don't care if you're a guy/girl, that's just too much info and that's weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer they had more experience than I did, because I feel like it'd help them be more dominant over me. Like an upper hand.

But I could be wrong.

What Guys Said 18

• Your worries are not unfounded. If this is his first serious relationship and he is around your age then telling him about your partying days will only turn him off. Don't worry about it for now. Just enjoy this new relationship and how much fun the beginning is. There is nothing like the first few months of a new love. In time both of you will grow and he will come to see you for who you are and it will no longer matter.

• Depends on how much more experienced and where I am. Like if I was at 8 and hers was 9, then I could get over it.

Regardless, I do find it more attractive if her number is lower.

• For me i wouldn care. I actually prefer girls to be more experienced than me. That way they can teach me new things and i can enjoy new things that i've never experienced before.

• 1) 5 is not a lot at all
    2) if he judges you based that, he's either ignorant, or an asshole
    3) it shouldn't matter even if you had fucked 20 people, it just shouldn't
    4) some math:
    say you've been having sex since age 14 (this is the average age for women to start), and you fuck maybe 2 guys a year. By now you would have fucked 12 guys.
    2 people a year is really not a lot, considering how many guys you've met, talked to, and had the opportunity to have sex with.
    A bit more math:
    say you turn 18, and you start going to more parties, like 2 a month.
    now say you only hook up with someone every other party.
    That would be 24 guys just from 18 to 20.

So yeah, point is, 5 is not a lot, and he judges you, dump him.

• If he's had at least one girl multiple times it shouldn't matter. Then again, don't just go tell him like that, there's no point and he may feel pressured. Just answer truthfully if he asks about it.

• Nope. It's just a bummer when she's not willing to try something she already did with some other guy.

Pretty much this. ^^
      Whatever you tell him you tried with someone else, he will expect you to be willing to try with him.

• It's not a super huge concern for me. That said, I'm also not interested in hearing stories/stats of her sexual history. Unless she has an incurable STD, the less I know about what she did with whom, the better.

Exactly. Anyone who's seen the movie Clerks knows these types of conversations don't end well.

• As Oscar Wilde put it, I like women with a past but I speak only for myself. Her history is just none of my business. There is always the benefit of learning from her experience.

• Uh oh, spaghettios. That could be problematic for you.

• I wouldn't think negatively of her if thats what you mean but it could make a guy feel more nervous about having sex with you since he might worry about not matching up to past flings.

• I would not care if the woman i would be dating has had more experience in the bedroom than me. Past is past. Present and future are what i would think of in a relationship as long as she does not have any stds.

• I would prefer a virgin.

• Yes I would mind, I wouldn't knowingly be with a woman like that.

• No. Gotta test negative though.

• No I woudn't.

• Care? I'd rather kill myself!

• Leave this good guy alone. He doesn't want any stds from you. He can do better. Sorry and good luck.

• No. As long as she's not promiscuous then I wouldn't care.

What Girls Said 0