Dating for a month and already talking about marriage?

So, we started dating after 3 days of talking, we've been together for a month now. I can honestly say that I love him. I used to have commitment issues before him, I would feel scared to be in a relationship. After being with him, that anxiety has slowly been going away, he makes me feel safe. But, I feel like he moves a little quickly. He says he wants to marry me after I finish high school. I'm 17 and he's 19, by the way. And I feel like right after high school is a little too fast for me. We're also on different paths in life, I want to go to college and pursue a career, while he wants to move to another country and start a life there. I just, I don't know if he's moving too fast or if I'm just being paranoid. Any advice?

What Guys Said 2

• "I can honestly say that I love him."
    How much do you really know about a person after a month of dating? Isn't it a bit early to be tossing around the "L" word?

"But, I feel like he moves a little quickly."
    Listen to that inner voice of reason.

"He says he wants to marry me after I finish high school."
    You obviously can't see it, but I'm doing a facepalm right now.

"And I feel like right after high school is a little too fast for me."
    Yes! Exactly.

"We're also on different paths in life, I want to go to college and pursue a career, while he wants to move to another country and start a life there."
    This is a deal-breaker. The fact that you even wrote it in your post tells me that deep down, you understand this is a deal-breaker.

"I just, I don't know if he's moving too fast or if I'm just being paranoid."
    There's nothing wrong with your apprehension; he's definitely moving too fast. My advice would be to either tell him to ease up on the marriage talk or cut him loose.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• He is moving too fast.