Girls, Would you dump your boyfriend for this?

I am a Hispanic guy but look a bit Asian to some people due to my slantish eyes. I wear special contacts that make my eyes bigger due to the fact that they cover a larger area of my eye. I like the fact that they make my eyes bigger but they also help me see better and are better than regular contacts so they are not only cosmetic but I need them as well (although I do have a pair that don't make my eyes bigger but see a little less with them). Additionally, I like to use texturizing paste on my hair and make it wavy. I do these things so I am less likely to be confused for an Asian guy which I don't like. Would you dump your boyfriend if you found out that his eyes are actually smaller than they appear and that his hair is not actually wavy?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a bit extreme to think you're unattractive because of having those features. You're overthinking.

What Girls Said 10

• I think at some point you should show them how you really look and see if they even care. Thing is, you shouldn't care about what assumptioms people make of you. A girl should like you for who you are and what you normally look like.

• Nah, it's fine. Contacts kinda make me squeamish but as long as I don't have to watch him put them in, I don't care, and his hair is kinda wavy anyway but I wouldn't mind if he used hair stuff to do it.

Are you referring to my case, or to your case specifically?

• No. My brother was confused with a black guy a lot but he is also Hispanic. His girlfriends would laugh about it, not dump him for it. Lol.

He is probably an Afro/Black Latino.

We Hispanics do have variety lol. I get Egyptian guys come up to me talking in Arabic and my sister gets Filipinos coming up to her thinking she is one. I call my dad Mr. Mayagi. Hahaha

That's very interesting.

• Nope I wouldn't.

It's like dumping a girl because she wears make-up, or if she colours her hair blonde and straightens it, when naturally they're dark and wavy...

To me personally it's not a deal breaker.

• No. I date someone because I love their personality and who they are. If their appearance changed that would not even make me think of breaking up with them.

• Nope, I would not.

• I wouldn't dump him because of that, what's wrong with Asians?

• No, that would be so silly.

• I would dump you if I found out. not because you look Asian, but because of your self-conciousness. you should accept who you are and what you look like. and if a girl can't accept that you should be the one dumping her!

I appreciate your honesty. I have no other option but to play a different set of cards (to say it that way) because it seems that the type of women I like are not really into Asian looking guys.

• No that would be dumb. Would you break up with your girlfriend if you found out her lips aren't red, her eye lashes aren't that long, her eyebrows aren't that perfect, and her skin isn't flawless? Girls use make up, weave, wigs, extensions, acrylic nails, and more to improve their looks. Why can't you?

I like your attitude. I asked because it's usually more acceptable for women to modify themselves and is more expected of men to be the closest they can to their actual selves. Women might see it as vain.

Thanks. I just like equality. If it's ok for girls to modify their looks then why isn't it ok for a guy to do the same? Everyone has their insecurities, and imperfections. No one is flawless, but that's ok. But with these unattainable standards of beauty that we have nowadays it's harder and harder for people to feel comfortable with their bodies. I completely understand why you or anybody else would want to try to cover up the things we perceive as flaws. I've struggled with my insecurities for a long time. My skin, my weight, and my hair have all been huge insecurities of mine. I tried to cover it up for a while so I can't judge you or anyone else for modifying their appearance. The only other thing I have to say is that eventually you'll have to just accept yourself the way you are. You can't rely on texturizing paste or contacts to make you accept yourself forever. I've tried. Eventually you've gotta learn to love you for you "flaws" and all.