Do you think your taste in men/women will change once you get older?

my mom always told me that when i get a job in the near future and see different people my taste in them will also change, she said now you like the bad boys and the full make up women but you'll see real beauty once you're really grown up. She said like gentlemen with nice suits and a stunning smile, beard etc. Anyway i realised that older women like moms always give me compliments wherever i go, also asking people about me and showering me with compliments, i actually never feel that pretty around my friends but once i meet parents or older people it feels like i'm beautiful. I guess this is a weird question but has your mom or someone older ever told you this? i mean when i show my mom or aunts pics of handsome men they start to laugh and say that real handsome men look different.

Most Helpful Guy

• In general no you'll still want someone who is attractive to you, has a decent personality, and someone who will love and care for you. But other maybe not as important will based on who you dated and why it ended and what you reall want in a relationship what's more important. Things like thag.

Most Helpful Girl

• To tell you the truth I find this to be subjective. My taste have never changed since I was a young girl and I'm almost 25. This has a lot to do with fickle people, who don't know what they really need in a partner, let alone what they want. My of times this is the case of lust and following other people like a robot due to media exposure. What's 'hot' to a lot of men and women, they expect YOU to feel and think the same way. And this is not something that you need.

But other than that you know what you need if you do, so just do the best you can do. Yes, I've heard about this from family before. But the thing is I'm not as fickle as I was as a 10 year old going to 16. I've matured a lot more drastically and understand the importance of marriage and relationships even though I understood just the basics of it. The point is always remember what Im about to say: What you need isn't all the time be what you want, and what you want isn't always going to be what you need.

Because once you decide to marry, looks is irrelevant. We all grow old and our youth will fade to nothing. But if your love is strong and true you will survive with your marriage and union with your spouse. A lot of people sadly are selfish and is out to gain even if it means using people. 9/10x the looks department and taste in attractiveness has to do with the prospects of having offspring that is attractive as well to continue to reproduce and extend the family line. That's it.

What Guys Said 15

• Well right now I like sweet, romantic, affectionate girls, I really hope that doesn't change in the future

• Sure: at 16 I liked 16 yr old girls, now I prefer very mature women.

• In a way everyone has a "type" they're attracted. Peoples standards tend to become more reasonable/realistic.

• I don't know... I've always had pretty "refined" tastes and I don't see that changing honestly.

• The looks I am attracted to has stayed pretty consistent over the years, but some of the personality traits I look for have changed as I've matured.

• i've always wanted and loved the same looking girls. so no.

• mine changed a bit from my late teens to early/mid twenties... so yes I think it can change

• Its been that way so far so yeah I guess.

• I get it totally. Family aside, I have some friends who are like 20 years older than me and they all told me Im good looking. Yet I never had as much as a kiss in my life (so obviously Im not)

• Yes it dose/will

• No.. I was always attracted to chicks with big booty, I am still and it won't change.

• as someone that is older, i can say from personal experience: yes

• Don't think so. I prefer women my same height. Calm, peaceful and talkative.

• Yeah well they are older and wiser so they should know

• Yes, but merely on some "details" of my taste, not on a substantial level.

Also, would you mind to help me on my question:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2125027-this-married-young-lady-told-me-i-am-attractive-would-date-me-if

What Girls Said 10

• Older women lived in a generation with different styles. At my age, guys in skinny jeans make me puke. Lol. To a tennager they may be the hottest thing ever. As you age you will run into guys that look completely different from those you grew up with. You may find that pale, redhead from Ireland that rocks your world and next thing you know, you're all about redheads.

Also, as you age, you pay less and less attention to looks and begin to focus on how a man treats you and makes you feel. Like now, if I had to choose between Bratt Pitt and John Goodman, I would rip my left arm and fight any woman for John Goodman because he is funny. You will probably have to Google John Goodman. He was in that show RoseAnne.

• I have told that to younger folks. It does as you age because your priorities and responsibilities change as does your view of an ideal mate. The types of qualities each are looking for differs between the sexes.

For example as a teenage female, looks and skill are enough to get our juices flowing. As you get passed college and start your career, you're looking for someone stable, mature-minded, responsible, and actively reaching for goals. You may not see it right away and if you find someone you can grow with while you're young, consider yourself lucky. But it happens.

• It has.

I've never been into the bad boy thing and have always wanted a guy who treats me with respect, but as I've gotten older I've found that physically my taste has changed to be a lot less narrow and that I prioritize different characteristics differently than I did when I was younger. I think that's fairly normal.

• I sure hope it will the people I find hot now is just weird

• Yeah, your taste in men will change as you get older and experience life more. It'll change the more you date as well.

Just like your tastes in lots of things will change.

• They do a bit.

• It's already changing now. I guess it will change a little more with time.

• My taste did.

• My taste has changed. I use to love white guys. My ex was white, but once i hit my early 20s now I prefer Asian, latinos, and light tan guys.

• I've always liked the same kind of guys. It's them who change and grow as they get older. But they're still basically the same at heart.