At which point in a new relationship do/should you delete your online dating accounts?

POF, When should you delete it?
Just having a dispute with a friend. So at which point in a new relationship do/should you delete your online dating accounts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's like insurance for relationships in case something catastrophic happens.. Keep in contact on a strict friends only, when something happens God forbid a death for example. Your already know this person well enough to help you get through it. That's the only way it would seem appropriate

Most Helpful Girl

• I have had an Online Profile since 2010, @justfluffeh, and even when I got married to a Muslim out in Egypt, even Lived with him Out there... I kept it. I was unsure of how this Relationship would Go when I came home, and Sad to Say, we are Now estranged.
    Many guys have Asked me to 'Delete' when they Thought they had Swept me off my Feet. I never Did because nothing was Ever Etched in stone, and even with a 'Stone' on my Finger, I would never Know if I could Comply with Joe in getting Rid of my Profile, that I Worked hard to Put in Place with my Face.
    To be Ethical, Both Parties in Partnership should 'Delete Online' Presences, but only if Both are Sure it is Time to be Hooked at the Hip, and especially if it Gets Serious where Soulmates are Long Term. If One or the Other can't do this, a big Question Mark should be Asked in their Relationship.
    I guess I am Not one to Commit, as I have been Finding out for a Long time.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

What Guys Said 11

• Once you've been on a date or two and things are going well, stop using them. Once you are exclusive, delete em.

• That question kinda concerns me. First, off are you wanting to? Because that answer shows the connection you have, towards this other person. Do you belive this is the relationship you want? Because I'd keep my profile up. But then, that means your still looking :) Means your not in a relationship, meaning your still dating. In which then you need to be honest with this new guy.

I deleted mine a couple weeks ago, the guy I'm seeing still has his... and uses it.
      I think he should delete it, as he recently referred to me as his girlfriend.
      A friend of mine says she doesn't think he should because 'you guys are still new'.
      We are still relatively new, but I don't see why you would keep a dating account if you're not planning on dating... delete it, if it doesn't work make a new one.

I think its an excuse. It would kinda be like cheating, wouldn't it? Talking to other woman behind your back. But then your in a relationship right? Some form of commitment?

Plus, that shows you to be more trusting. I wouldn't trust him right now, just to be on the safe side.

Maybe put your back up. We could talk, and see how he likes that. Bet he wouldn't, if he thought he was in a relationship with you.

I think its cheating :)

• First make the special ones email penpals and see how that goes if they are mentally stimulating.
    Then flush all dating accounts at least every 6 months, one year the absolute max.
    You're better off taking dance classes which lead to group practices in dance venues, then socials

• You don't, but you ignore any feedback as if the account didn't exist. When you get engaged THEN you delete such things.

• Why delete your dating account from POF if the person wanting you to do it is just a friend? When i would delete my dating profiles is when I'm living with the woman that were engaged and about to be married.

Not even close to what I said...
      But you think it's appropriate to still actively browse a dating site unless you are engaged?
      Even if you've established that you two are in a relationship?

Thanks for the downvote :)
      Yes, If I'm seeing a girl face to face. Spend time together
      going out in real life than it's time to delete
      the dating profiles. Dating someone over Skype isn't shit
      I want physical hugs , kissing, eye to eye contact, holding
      hands in real life, cuddling etc..

• As soon as it is established that you are a couple. If you have the exclusivity talk it's time to end the online stuff. If you're keeping it casual then you are free to continue dating other people

• ASAP put it on the side show all interest in the one your talking to. If you can put your profile on hidden till it becomes official do that but get rid of it show him that your not one of those chicks who is addicted to the Internet dating/ guys catcalling.

• As soon as you're exclusives

• when you both are committed and said i love you to each other.

• Once you agree to exclusivity. At least, that's when I would.

• I guess when you feel you have a steady relationship

What Girls Said 8

• Best to jettison them often and begin anew
    although it's OK to keep stimulating ones as friends at arm's length
    for these sites are designed for sexual hookups and those desperate enough to settle

• I just left them there, I don't really care lol

• When it becomes exclusive

• As soon as you are exclusive.

• When you both agree that you are not going to actively date anyone else and are going to commit to each other.

Unless you are committed, you are single.

• As soon as you get into the relationship of course...

• I would delete the accounts once we became exclusive.

• When you move in together. That's when things are serious and on the the next level.