How to you view love and relationships?

i see them as disposable. My mom left my dad when I was 10 for her own selfish reasons. She was also never there for me. Whenever I got very sick she would hit me or get mad at me. Her lack of care when things got "bad" hurt me. She would just ignore me when she couldn't deal with things. She refused any "emotional connection" with me. So I see love as walking away now. Whenever things get real or powerful

Most Helpful Guy

• just curious if you've researched narcissism. your mom sounds like she's disordered... very disordered. This would also likely affect your relationships as an adult (the intimate ones especially). The silent treatment, lack of emotional connection stuff you describe is among if not the worst type of child abuse in my opinion... it also would tend to make you (as a child) associate such behavior WITH love... thus you might be rejecting real relationships as they are so alien to you and subconsciously seeking to be mistreated-the very thing you DO know about "Love". Just a thought... I relate.

I always thought she was. So funny you say that. I can tell you all the other things she did and the traits she carried

thanks for MHG :)

You're welcome

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• You shouldn't let your cunt of a mother influence you so negatively - that is the same as giving her yet another victory over you.

I see love as something one must hold on to.

• I think it is the most beautiful thing in the universe. There would be no better feeling for me than finding true love.

• That's not love, that's running from love. Not being able to handle love isn't love. That's like saying running from the gym is working out. (Not running literally... Because that could be working out.)

• Something that requires equal amount of work put in for it to remain healthy. Also something that can be a curse or a good thing, it all depends.

• I see them as unreachable. No girl was ever interested in me, I never had as much as a kiss, and probably never will

• This is a huge reason relationships don't last and men are killing themselves in record numbers. It's not that you think of relationships as disposable, you consider men disposable. You have no respect for your fellow human and you only think of yourself.

Because of people like you I self mutilate so that the pain I feel emotionally makes sense.

her mom maybe, but not her from what i read. you're right about men killing themselves, etc. but I dont think that's the issue here with her. She rather has BEEN abused, she doesn't sound entitled-she sounds afraid OF love. you read this one wrong I think.

and on the self mutilation-do you have BPD? have you sought treatment, like DBT?

What Girls Said 1

• I think relationships force you to take control of your life. Which is why people hate them but love them because it makes you feel alive.