If a guy's personality was perfect, how important are his looks?

Like he's clever and romantic and sweet and tough and all that.

But he's ugly and skinny.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is what I want then he is very very sexy to me psychically. I am attracted to loners, guys who don't tend to pay too much attention to their surrounding, introspective. Are generally smart. Kinda just walk around and gets things done, come across as content. His posture isn't great but it isn't bad at all either - he's not insecure, not deep down maybe a little unsure. His height, eye color, weight doesn't play into my initial attraction at all. And I am not at all afraid to go over and make myself or my attraction known. Soooo hott! perfect is hott

Most Helpful Guy

• Same result as if instead of a man, it was a woman: little chances to landing a partner.
    Sorry, but looks still matter, even if their personality is perfect.

What Girls Said 15

• I think that a guy's personality decides about his attractiveness and in my case it affects the perception of his physical attractiveness. For example, I see a very handsome guy and I see him doing things I don't like and it just repels me. And when I know a boy that isn't very attractive physically but he's lovely and all that you've mentioned, he just seems super-attractive to me.

• Appearance and personality are both important. It's a guys appearance that attracts me, but it's his personality that I fall in Iove with.

• I would say a guy has to reach 15.

If he has a 10 personality he can get away with 5 looks. But 10s don't exist. So in practice a guy has to be at least a 6 physically, for me.

I would say my boyfriend is in 8 in terms of personality and 7.5. So he's right at 15 lol.

Also I'm just speaking objectively.. once I'm in love the guy becomes a 10 on all fronts :*

• There has to be at least a base level of attraction.

• Looks will always matter to some extent

• Skinny would be fixed if his personality was perfect because he'd be hard working and health conscious and what do hardworking, health conscious guys like? The gym 😏

Nope. He's not hot at all and doesn't go to the gym, and it's clear that even if he did he'd still be pretty small compared to most guys.

If there's no physical attraction then there's no relationship

• Over time looks will be overlooked but depends on the attraction, I overlooked a guys looks before because he made me feel good and always made me laugh.

• Well, I'd like a decent looking guy... he must be attractive in my eyes- doesn't have to be attractive to anyone else, though.

• I know this sounds like a cliche, but looks dont matter that much to me. Of course i can't feel repulsed by him but his personality is way more important😃

• Looks shouldn't matter that much.

• It depends. If im not completely repulsed by him, he could grow on me.

• OK, for me it's important that the guy is fit. I don't care about the face, but being fit is important for me. It also shows that he is not a couch potato

• Tbh I don't care that much about looks, if his personality and how he treats me that counts

• not important, i think personality is main fact

• Must be at least average looking

What Guys Said 9

• Based off my experience you can pull just about anything off. However you can't think of yourself as being ugly or that something is wrong with you or will give off that vibe. Your midset is just as important as anything else.

• Yeah, these traits sound self-labeled...

I'm actually pretty fat, not gonna lie, but the objective was to make the guy seem as physically unattractive as possible and I think skinny is worse for girls.

Thanks for complimenting my personality, though! 😊

• Personality will always determine the length of the relationship.
    If it's perfect, damn, our relationship is perfect, if she also feels that about me.

• Skinny can be overcome through training and exercise...
    Ugly? "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ... Looks can be ignored (more like overlooked) if he is "clever and romantic and sweet and tough and all that."

• Looks dont matter if the guy has personality. But personality isn't being romantic or clever. Women dont give a shit about any of that. He just needs to be a fun guy essentially and thats it.

• Very important. You'll always struggle to meet women if you are ugly.

• I'm all that but short and little pudgy :p.

• good luck lol
    he has to at least be decent looking
    and not horrible to look at

• I think you are decieved enough by the pink comments...