Why do people hate the sugar baby/ sugar daddy relationship so much?

I've seen so much hate lately especially by people who have no idea what the arrangement is.
Coming from a long term sugar baby let me tell you a few things:
-I've almost finished my degree with the financial and intellectual support from my SD
-I'm a virgin! Omg i know weird right? Not really don't get mistaken although some girls enjoy sex with their SD some of us aren't up for that
-The support system from other SBs is great. I've made long lasting friendships
-I've been to 5 different countries before turning 20
-I've learnt how a man should treat you and no I don't mean with money but with respect, kindness and understanding

And of course I've learnt not to judge anyone's choices if they are not harming anyone! :) xWhy do people hate the sugar baby/ sugar daddy relationship so much?

2mo I just want everyone to know wether you think I'm a prostitute, whore whatever I don't mind. We are all welcome to our own opinion and I'll respect that. As long as I don't say anything rude or disrespectful about your choices then I'm happy within myself. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Your story is clearly bullshit, you're basically saying that you found a guy who paid for your whole college, multiple trips to other countries and gave you a good relationship and you never even had to have sex with him? Unless you are attractive enough to be a model, which you obviously aren't, then your story is faker than Kim Kardashians ass.

But let me still explain why I this sugarbaby bullshit is gross.

- It is prostitution, you are selling your body in exchange of money/gifts/etc. Just because they take you on a date before hand doesn't change that. The real difference is that whores generally make more money.

- Relationships should not be about money. They should be about your connection, your feelings, sharing things with each other because you truly like and enjoy each others company. These sugar relationships are based on them giving you money and you being eye candy for them/doing sexual things for them and it is just disgusting that someone would mix those things in my opinion.

- It shows what kind of a personality you have, most people have no problem working for their money. Most people get working experience, make connections and build on their future like that. But if your first choice is to be a sugarbaby that just shows that you have no ambition, no work ethic and no morals, it shows that you just want to take the easy way out no matter how morally questionable it is.

And lastly I gotta comment on a certain thing you said:
    "I've learnt how a man should treat you and no I don't mean with money but with respect, kindness and understanding "

Are you fucking kidding me? Those relationships are completely based on him giving you money and you being attractive for him, if you take one of those things away then the relationship would not even exist. But you talk about "respect, kindness and understanding" You can romanticize this glorified prostitution all you want, but it honestly makes me sick that you would actually compare it to a real relationship. If you get your relationship values from an arrangement that is based on them paying for your company, then don't be surprised when no decent guy wants absolutely nothing to do with you.

And I just wanna say that everyone is free to make their own decisions, if they want to be a sugarbaby or just a straight up prostitute then that's their choice to make. But I would absolutely never get involved with a person like that.

It isn't a normal relationship no. It's more of just an agreement he helps me and I make him look good at his work functions which in fact do involve other countries but I respect your opinion x

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally think people can do what they want, but in my mind, I was raised to take care of myself and to be totally dependent on my own wit, and more importantly, my own money. Somehow, to me, selling your body/company to a man just comes across as... well, wrong, if I'm honest.

I don't think women should take advantage of the fact that there are men out there who will pay their way just because they're women, and that they should find their own means to be completely independent. What if one day your SD goes from being okay with not having any sexual relations to expecting it? And you refusing cuts off those funds that you depend on to pay your rent and tuition? It pays more to be self reliant in my opinion since not every SD/SB relationship is guaranteed to run like clockwork.

Ultimately, people can do what they want, but the concept to me is off-putting.

Thank you for sharing your opinion respectfully I honestly appreciate it. To adress some of the things you've said my current sugar daddy and I have an agreement that if circumstances change I am allowed to at any stage leave if it's uncomfortable with the security he'll fund me for another 3 months. We get what is called an allowance which you probably won't like but I've put aside money each time and he's shown me how to save and invest my money so if we were to suddenly stop our agreement I am still well off. I plan on ending all relations after study it is purely to set me up and get me through the hard times of being a student. He's also set me up with contacts that'll help me in the future going into my career. Saying that I've built a friendship with this man that's irreplaceable so after ending the money side of things I'll still meet up with him every now and then.
      Contracts are made with some people depending on how comfortable the SD is with that so it's like a secure busin

I was raised by a single mum who worked 2 jobs from the week I was born throughout all my years providing everything herself by hard work amd no support. I understand what you are saying but this way while paying my way through college I'm also able to help my mum out with her bills, car issues and the ocassional treat. I owe her at least that

Well that's nice of you.

What Guys Said 21

• The negative opinions offered here are shockingly narrow-minded and not surprisingly from younger men. Far too judgmental, and, I suspect hypocritical, which means envious. That would be my answer to the question asked.
    I like the SB/SD concept. When I get older and hopefully wealthier I might be OK with an asexual relationship. Right now that would be a deal-breaker, but not the only one. A neutral friendship is another no-no. There would have to be genuine liking, warmth, and an emotional connection.
    I would not be interested in a purely financial relationship. I save that for my bankers and my favourite dominatrix. Correction. Not the Domme! We have a great relationship even if asexual. (I do not contradict myself. It is still very -ahem - satisfying for us both. Me for sure and I take her at her word.)

• my guess is jealousy. guys without stacks of money think "well, that's stupid. If i had stacks of money I could be sleeping with hot girls too". And girls without the body/personality for it think "well, that's stupid. If I looked like that I could be getting stacks of money in exchange for nothing too".

that, or people assume there is manipulation involved, though it's never clear who the manipulator is. I think people tend to assume it's the gender opposite their own - guys think "well she's just using him for his money" girls think "well he's just renting her like a pet"

Really, though, I think deep down everyone just despises money. It's a good concept, but it has been corrupted. The point of money is that it be used as a medium for progressing society, but instead society is used as a means to make more money. Money has transformed from a 'useful tool' to 'the ultimate project,' and the fact that those with the most money do the least work kind of irritates people.

Anyway, perhaps the idea of a relationship based on money seems vacuous to people. That's all I can think of..

• Because it just reeks of mental issues.

• It's prostitution.

Yeah. So? Is that a problem for you? It is a broad term, and covers kidnapping and sex-slavery and other despicable ugliness, but that is far from the whole story. SB/SD arrangements are about as far from that as you can get! As Asker notes that while financial support is at the crux of it, there is an element of mentoring, of emotional support, friendship, and it is not necessarily sexual.

Do your research buddy. Go to Lets Talk Sugar the site if you want to keep pretending like you know what you are talking about. Watch some videos on youtube or something look at the different type of sugar babies out there and the different sugar daddys. There are different types of dynamics. It's not all what you hear

@jaquesvol Finally something we agree on even if trivial. Sugar Daddy' is a bit unsavoury

• I dislike it because I think a relationship should be about love, affection, and a deep emotional bond rather than money.

• because you are leeching of a person financially. thats why. it supports the notion that a guy should support a girl financially. it makes this more socially acceptable. for the majority of men this is simply not possible with this economy.

• It is a business arrangement essentially between you and the man - If you are both comfortable with it , well and good but personally I don't think I would be able to do it.

• bevauae having a sugar daddy is just basically being a glorified stripper / prostitute. Haha.

• You are right. Some leading universities are also helping make this arrangement to help needy students to get money to study and complete their higher learning courses I have got the names of the 10 leading Universities with me. Such things we learn only through such discussions.

• well most of the sugar daddy's relationship they both have sex thats why i think people hate it.
    by the way i really dont care about sugar daddy's or sugar babbies

• Because it is plain pathetic for all parties involved?
    At least prostitutes have the decency to see their job for what it really is.

What is pathetic? She graduates debt-free. He gets to fuck a much younger, hotter girl than he would otherwise, no strings (except financial, which he can afford) attached.

• As long as women like this stay away from I don't care what they do.

• I don't know if this is true or not but like really... Either you got with the most gullible and stupid rich guy you can find or this isn't true. Besides you're more of a gold digger than a prostitute then.

• Whatever fucks your goat

2 consenting adults + Not affecting me = Me not giving a flying fuck

• I don't... Would love to be your sugar daddy... And I dont thik you are a whore

• LOL "long term"? you're 18-24. the only thing long term on you is your entitlement. get real

In a SD/SB dynamic they're are long term and short term arrangements. It's fine I didn't expect you to know anything about it.

There's no need to be rude. Calm down. When I say long term I am in fact using the term he uses so that's what I'm going by. To be honest I don't give a crap about your personal experiences. Maybe write something up and if I'm interested I'll then comment :)

Personally I don't really care what other people do. If they think it's a good deal - that's their business. However, the very notion that someone should reimburse you for your presence, only costs you in the long run. I'm 43, I live in a college town... I've never found a shortage of young women who have a daddy fetish or simply want an older man for mutual reasons that don't involve money... and I have $, and assets, but I would have to remove all my mirrors if I ever paid for a woman's presence.

I find prostitution a much more dignified transaction. So if I ever did pay a woman-it would be for sex, not her entitlement lol Entitlement is the most unattractive trait a woman can have-as it makes them act like spoiled children. And most young women are not very good in bed... so there's that.

But, to each their own

• If I was rich I would go for it. What's not to like? Except I wouldn't accept the celibacy thing.

• Well, cause many cases things can turn serious, ugly, hurtful etc..

So, no relationships at all, then? They are all risky.

@KeiranByrne Not Sugar Daddy here , I want something real

@KeiranByrne You can't meet me on Skype cause you have no balls

• ur a virgin? ye right lol

That may be hard to believe and trust me I've come across my fair share of criticism and doubt but well I am in fact a virgin. I will save sex for someone I love.

• Because basically what you're telling me is that you're lazy and incompetent and expect men to take care of you while you sit on your ass all day doing nothing.

I literally said I've almost completed my degree. I also volunteer at a nursing home 2 days a week and going straight into a government job after graduating. Haha man he's helping fund my ambitions I'm not doing nothing

If they can't accept it or be open minded I wouldn't want to date them ;)

Well if you tell your future partner about it he'll assume you're just with him because he has money. I'm just saying for your sake but of course you should tell him anyway.

• Where you at feminist? Shouldn't you guys be the first ones denounceing this kinda shit?

What Girls Said 8

• It's disgusting because you're using someone. People who use people are disgusting, end of story.

Technically not using anyone. He finds it satisfying to be able to spoil and help someone with their future and I go to functions with him to make him look good. If anything we're using each other

Yeah, and that's why it's disgusting.

• It's incredibly narcicistic and while some may say this is contrary, I think by reducing your self reliance, it reduces your self respect.

• I really couldn t care less

• what do you do for them in return?

• Could you kindly give an exact definition of such a relationship? It would help me to understand your question better and give a good answer. Thank you.

• Because it usually involves either taking advantage of a guy who thinks he'll get sex or, if he does get sex, prostitution. Many other women rely on brains and hard work to get through college - keeping sex for bonding and mutual pleasure, not a financial tool. You basically are reducing your value to only sexual.

• Because that's a form of prostitution

• I have a quite a few guys paying me through college and helping me to live quite comfortably. As a high class escort by the time I get my degree and start a career I will be set up for life. Two of my older sisters has done it already.