Do you think age difference depends on the maturities of both involved?

So say that a 25 year old guy dates a 17 year old girl but the girl is quite mature for her age and the guy isn't so mature for his age.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no 17 year old in this world who is mature enough to date a 25 year old. They're at two different stages in life and brain development.

And saying "oh the guy is less mature for his age" is not acceptable to me either. His issues with growing up do not need to be foisted on a teen girl because he can't deal with his own life.

If I found out that a man in his 20s wanted anything to do with my 17 year old child, I would call the police.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men who date younger women, and especially pedophiles, ALWAYS say that the girl is very mature for her age.

What Girls Said 2

• yes it definitely does..

• Of course maturity plays a big role.

What Guys Said 2

• If the older side is less mature than they should be then that makes the coupling even more ridiculous than it already is.

Not ridiculous, I have dozens of friends my age who have went out with guys way older and it worked out really well!

@CloudyEmily I still see it as completely weird.

Just because it's uncommon it doesn't mean it's weird. The girl probably doesn't fit in with people that age and has an older social circle.

• Sure I suppose it does, but that doesn't make it socially right.