What is dating like after high school?

I feel that dating in high school is so limited, and immature. You're surrounded by people you see every day, after every class. There is never anyone new to meet!

How does the maturity level, and options and things you have in common change after you leave high school and go to college?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be good and bad... It's good in the way that no one really outside cares who the hell you are dating anymore. The downside is trying to meet anyone, Since I left school and all and I'm waiting on a job, I find it hard to meet girls (well found it hard, I have a girlfriend now) But it's difficult, you don't meet people through friends like at school unless it's an intentional blind date. So it can be a lonely time. Although I think girls have it abit easier... Guys are more expected to e the ones to approach a girl and ask her out, it's rare a random girl would come up and introduce herself to a guy for a date.

What Guys Said 3

• The difference is enormous. Highschool looks like a joke in my past in comparison to the opportunity and maturity towards dating in college.

The diversity of people you will encounter is much larger. There are no longer strict "grades" that people are in. Everyone is just everywhere. Different age ranges, different philosophies, etc.

It's fantastic really.

• You have more responsibilities outside high school. Dating is somewhat the same, but you have the responsibility of jobs, rent, and looking out for yourself.

• There is more going on at college because most of them tend to be very diverse. The only problem is that some levels of maturity won't be that much different from high school. Then again, it really depends on the person your dating.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the difference between dating in high school and college is like night and day. When you attend college, there are numerous opportunities to meet new people. They will vary in age, maturity levels etc. and this actually makes it more exciting (in my experience). When I went to college it was like a whole new world because I was constantly meeting new guys. In fact, my first year of college all I did was go out, party and hang out with different people. I had such a great time and truly LOVED being single. The guys were my age or older, a little bit more mature and out for a good time. Like high school, you will learn the guys to avoid like frat boys (generally speaking) and the guys to target. High school dating was a joke compared to dating in college which was much better!