Is it too much of an age gap to be dating a man in his early 40's (I'm 29)?

I've been trying dating sites because I can't stand the local guys from my home country. I don't really find them physically attractive either and never have.

A white European guy lives in my country and wants to meet me (he gave me his phone to call). Though he's 49. I'm 29 and will be turning 30 on April 7. He looks ok for his age though but is it too much?

2mo I just noticed my mistake. He's 42, not 49.

Most Helpful Guy

• 12 years for a gap, when you're 30, is ok, in my opinion. Also, love knows no age boundaries.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. When I was 38 I started a two-plus year relationship with a 59 year old. We had great times together and age was never an issue for us.

Thank you for sharing your story. He's actually 42, not 49 (typo.. lol). But yes that would mark the first time I'll be considering going out with someone 13 years older than me.

I'd stop worrying and just go out with him and see what happens. You won't know unless you take a chance

What Guys Said 12

• Nope your both grown

• 29/49 is a gap - My thing about age gap relationships is they might be at different stages of their life but if both are happy with it, go for it - It depends how you both feel about it.

My mistake. I meant 42. He's in his early 40's.

That seems a lot closer - Even more than the 7 years less

• I think you and the rest of the world have differing opinions of 'early fourties' ) (49) is iright on the END of LATE lol.

Eh only thing to really worry about is if it's for you or your body with that kind of age dif.

My mistake. I meant 42.

• 42 and 29/30 isn't a big deal. Not that it really matters, but most people aren't going to look at that couple and go "OMG he's so much older than her!!!"

• not at all

• Well if you like him that much i'm sure he'll be ecstatic dating a woman 20 years younger than he is.

Actually I meant 42... my mistake. He's 13 years older.

Well I once dated a woman about that age difference. Neither of us minded.

cool

• 42 is ok. 49 is not.

Yeah he's 13 years older than me.

Relationships where the husband is older are more stable have fewer divorces and more children.

• Nope. I'm 44 and my girlfriend is 24.

• No. It's fine.

• as long as you are both over legal age it is fine

yeah I'll give it a try. I'm mainly for guys between ages 27 - 34 but he looks cute for his age.

• That's too much, i wish girls would stop dating older guys wtf.

Well this is really the first time I'm considering going out with an older guy. I have never done this before. I meant 42, by the way... not 49.

It's still really old but it's your life so you can do whatever, i just don't think it's a wise decision.

he's still*

• Sure, if you want saggy cock and balls.!

What Girls Said 8

• look my friend is 20 and she s in a relationship with a 40 year old dude
    I didn t approve much but tried to keep an open mind about. eventually to each there own and her decisions her choices.
    anw 10 years isn t really much plus at 30 you are already more accomplished and know more about what you want.
    so it s all about how you connect, if you re on the same page then it s all good.
    my only issue with older dudes is that they may control the kiddo and have a lot if influence on her. but I doubt this is gonna be your case

• I believe it's too much. An age gap like that can be problematic.
    But it's up to you. If you have no issue with it, then go forward and be happy.

• I date a guy older than me and it's working great but 20 year diff is a pretty big gap. But see what happens.

I just noticed I put 49... I meant to put 42. He's in his early 40's.

That's a fine age gap I think. You know generally speaking we are more mature than guys our own age

• Go for it. I don't see anything wrong with it.

• It's ok for now but when you are 60 and he is 73, it will be harder.
    My mum is married to a man 11 years older and she is not happy because at 67 she is full of energy and at 78 he is just on a couch and not doing anything

• Any ages that are legal are ok

• Nah, I think you're right on par with our age group. I'm recently 30 myself and I'm finding the maturity of 20-something men in my town more and more detestable as the months go by. A lot of 30s something guys here are still in that "playing" phase and generally by 40 when the 19-22 years old girls start rearing in disgust and calling them a 'dirty old man' is when they start to get a clue. They're also more established but not so stationary that you can't go out and have fun with them anymore. I have done some hunting with the guys in their lower 40s and found more well-rounded men to date. I say go for it.

• I don't think that age really matters. You can fall in love in anyone. It is not too much of an age gap I think. Maybe give him a chance, he may be a valuable person :) good luck but be careful