Would you date a black guy? If not, why?

I saw this question not too long ago:

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/social-relationships/q2126241-would-you-let-your-daughter-date-a-black-dude

And the percentage of people who said no was just shocking and disgusting to me. Do you not view us as human beings? Do you believe all the stereotypes? It just sucks because I am not like that at all! And I'm sick of being judged like that. I'm a quiet, shy, calm, intelligent, mature, responsible guy. I speak proper English, I'm kind, respectful and to be honest I'm a big nerd. I don't like sports or gangster rap or any of that stuff! It's just crazy to me how many girls X an entire race of humans out of their life all based on superficial views and preconceived notions that they think encompass the whole of my race.

• Yes why not?
  • Yes but I'd rather not
  • No because I believe all the stereotypes
  • No because I don't like black people
  • No because my family is racist and I'd be concerned

Most Helpful Girl

• I may if I find a black dude I actually like and know I can trust. My family has a bad history with black men, majority of them having several baby mamas (yes these black men are my uncles and cousins and grandfather, probably about 20 of them in total). I've met many nice black dudes, many are generally very charming and fun to be around, but unfortunately relationship wise Im just not quite convinced enough just yet. To add to that distrust I was raped by a black dude as well. 😐
    But Im not gonna completely rule them out though because there are some very nice black dudes out there, there is just this natural/psychological distrust because of my experiences with them and what I've seen. I do know for a fact that my parents will have an extremely hard time trusting whichever black dude I date though, especially my mother who has too many brothers who are fucking about and being irresponsible. So any black dude who dates me will be having a tough time convincing my parents they're not like those stereotypes they've seen. 😅

And lastly, I just haven't been very sexually attracted to black guys, on very rare occasions I have but those guys were models... So the likelihood of me dating a black dude is quite small but doesn't mean it couldn't possibly happen cause Im still open to it.

Hmm, I notice a lot of women write about being raped on here. It's quite disturbing how common it seems to be.

@Levin Yeah, it is, sadly. Unfortunately I really underestimated how common it was until it happened to me. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because I'm not into dicks. By dicks I'm talking about the male genitalia, don't think I'm accusing black men of being dicks.
    xD

Dude, don't take this site seriously. There's lots of racist people here. Not long ago there was a question asking girls if they'd date a white guy and there was a big percentage that said they wouldn't.

Either there's lots of racists in here, or lots of trolls xD

I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life but don't knock it tell you try it. I like di... Wait 😳🙊

Oh yeah, if she got a dick, that shits over, although I wanna see it just to see my reaction... Or yours 😂
      media.giphy.com/media/zXeX29w6jxjAk/giphy.gif
      media0.giphy.com/media/akcjGuTUohuV2/200w.gif

Yeah, if they had an operation and you couldn't tell unless she told you. I forgot what I was watching but some chick looked hotter than most chicks, but she was a tranny and my penis was hella confused. If she told me after sex, I'd have to definitely reevaluate my life 😂

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau hahahah yeah, I've neen in that situation before. To be honest, there's some that look better than real women... xD still wouldn't fuck them if I know they're a dude hahaha

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah. I don't care about race.

It's strange to me how in the year 2016 how there are still so many who do.

I hate to sound like I buy into stereotypes but seriously find yourself a white girl. Probably a shy nerdy one. In my experience those are the type that like black guys who are extremely un-stereotypical like yourself.

Many black women expect stereotypical behavior from black men and label the ones who don't have that behavior as the undesirable Oreo. Not all, but many.

Well most girls I try talking to are what you just described. They just never see interested in me.

• Nope. I don't like their dark skin/hair/lips and I've only met one black guy in my whole life whom I didn't think was a lazy fuck. I have hung out with a black guy in a romantic situation before but he made it clear that he only wanted to hook up.

Ok physical features cool, I can understand you not being attracted to specific physical attributes, however the whole "lazy as fuck" thing is extremely racist because there are plenty of blacks out there who work really hard and probably harder than you ever will. I've served in the United States Army for 5 and a half years. I have my own place, my own car, good credit, a stable income, and I'll be starting college next year.

It doesn't mean if I met you, I'd presume you were lazy because you were black. I'm simply citing my personal experiences

I just find it hard to believe that you've literally only met one who wasn't lazy. That sounds like an exaggeration.

• wow so many people making black people look like some creatures and not actual human beings this is disgusting

@SS-rated yep I know :( it sucks because genuinely kind, polite, mature, and intelligent black men like me are just dumped into the category of "black" rather than the individual I am.

@Rainie_ I'm sorry all of those things happened to you but you have to remember again... not all black people are like that. The color of their skin doesn't make them into those people. It's their brain, their upbringing, their intentions, not their race. I'd never ever ever rape anyone or any of that nonsense. by the way did you know that white people are more likely to be rapists than blacks? So if that's a fear then you should fear whites too.

Like I said in my comment, I know not all black dudes are like that so Im still open to dating them, just like I won't rule out guys in general cause I've had plenty bad experiences with them. I just have a personal reason for my distrust because those troubles are just too significantly more common among the black men I've personally known than any other. And I don't know where your statistics of "whites are more likely to be rapists than blacks" come from, from my experience it just isn't the case, every other case were i've been badly sexually harassed, raped and almost raped its been mostly black dudes. So to me those statistics doesn't matter, my experience has just taught me to be more cautious around black dudes than others.
      I hate generalising and stereotyping people by the colour of their skin because I know everyone are individuals, just some cultures some things and behaviours are more common than in others, and some issues are just more common with some groups than others.

• I am dating a black guy. He's just as you described yourself, except he likes rap, but he likes several music types. I honestly don't have a type. I just view people as people and I base the likelihood of dating someone off of their character.

Exactly. I view humans as humans and each HUMAN is different from other HUMANS. Sure there are cultural norms and sure some of those norms are more prevalent in other cultures than others but Xing out 100% of a race based on something that is associated with their culture is just ridiculous. Also I do like rap but I like all music types. I'm just saying I don't like ganster rap.

• Hecks yeah if he was hot and treated me right.

• Yeah but I'd date anyone who'd be willing to put up with me hahaha (as long as he's kind and attractive to me too).

• There's always a group of people who wanna be edgy and different even for the most obvious questions. Although I like sports and rap like the stereotype 😜

• Yes I would but I'd rather not. There's too much history with BLM and everything. Culture would always end up getting in the way

• Sure why not race and skin colour have nothing to do with anything when i date,
    I date a person because i like them.. Kind of dumb that people put skin colour as top priority. (sorry if my spellings bad i am slightly tired...)

• Yeah

• Yeah, I'd date someone regardless of their race - any.

Apparently I'm supposed to be racist.. Ok gag 👌

@Rawrzz Uhh no I just saw the question and it made me sad. It also reminded me just how ridiculous dating sites are for me (as a black person) so many girls who are against dating blacks.

@Kanoro She was talking about the down votes on her opinion.

They're not necessarily "against" it. And if you read the comments, most of their complaint was with his femininity, not his skin color. Black dudes got a bad reputation, yeah. And statistically speaking, not exactly desirable. Just means you got more to prove and that you gotta make first impressions count hard. Sad, sure, but that's life.

But, I mean, haters gonna hate. Getting caught up in what haters think is just going to upset you. You won't gain anything from it. Majority of people prefer to date within their own race, though. Just means you gotta put in more effort if you wanna go outside your race. And pretty much no guys get bites on dating sites, anyway. You have to be like top 10%. Srsly.

• I love my Black brothers!! :)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 15

• Girls wouldn't date me because I'm half Asian. Girls wouldn't date me because I'm half white. It's very easy to cry racism and discrimination for being harshly judged for superficial differences that I cannot control.

I could be rejected for being 5'11'' and not 6'2''. I could be rejected for being an average physique and not an athlete. I could be rejected for only making 72K and not 150K. Girls may not like my hair, or my style. My face may be too youthful and not manly. Girls may reject me for not clubbing, while others think I'm not studying hard enough.

The point is, you can be rejected for many things, some factors you can control, others you can't. Every young man has to deal with getting fucked over. You can pin it on one reason and end up ignoring the real reason why you got turned down. In the end, no is no. If she's gone, she's gone. Forget the reason. In the end, reasons dont make her stay.

• Black girl, yes.

• I know an Asian girl who told me that she just doesn't find black guys attractive. I don't know if that's the whole truth but I think you missed that option.

• Voted E cuz im a straight dude

• You didn't put "No, because I'm not gay"

• No, since I'm not gay.

But a black GIRL? Sure.

• No, because I don't throw leg into men's buttholes.

• No, because I'm straight.

• Nah cuz I am straight AF foo'

• Pretty sure i fit most of the stereotypes. Some girls like the stereotypes.

• No because I'm not gay.

• You black men on gag are insecure af and people say white men are insecure lol.

Way to generalize. I'm not black "men" I'm a black man so I have my own views and own opinions. I never called white men insecure so stop categorizing me.

It's a trend I have noticed pal. It's pretty sad really. It must be an American issue.

Whatever dude...

• I don't know it depends

• yes cuz i love the BBC.