Is there a reason or am I reading into it too much?

Ok so there's a guy I like who I've tried dating in the past but I was soo introverted and shy it didn't work out romantically. We've been in relationships since but after wishing him a happy bday we started talking again. I met him in college/uni and we've got mutual friends. He said we should check out a restaurant together so that kinda sounded like a date maybe?
The thing is he takes hours to reply most of the time... I can see he's read it sometimes cause it's on fb then he doesn't reply until hours later.
I bumped into him the other day with my mates and he was looking at me a lot and smiling and looked a bit nervous and excitable. I was the same. He messaged me after saying I looked lovely and even his mate said so too.
So is he just not into texting at all, or playing hard to get, not interested, keeping his options open? I'm so confused?

What Guys Said 2

• "The thing is he takes hours to reply most of the time... I can see he's read it sometimes cause it's on fb then he doesn't reply until hours later."

You're reading WAY too much into this. Not everyone feels the need instantly respond to every message that they read.

Thank you haha. I'm just on my phone too much! I know that but I just wasn't sure cause a guy I was mates with got a text from this girl and said oh I'll reply tomorrow to keep her interested. Then I thought wow guys actually do that haha.
      I just wanted a guys opinion on it :)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• hard to tell. and guys say WE are confusing lol. I would only invest as much time as energy as he does. Dont wait around for him. Go off and meet other guys, if he asks you to hang out or do something and you want to do it. But don't overinvest if he is being this hard to read.

Thank you! Ye I don't know if he's just not a texter but a few weeks back he didn't reply all week! I dunno what's going on 😂 i thought guys were easier to read 😛 I will just date other people when I meet some one to date haha.