Is it possible for me to get a good-looking guy?

Do good-looking guys ever go for "average" (how I see myself) looking girls? I'm the typical girl which receives the "How are you single?" "You're so pretty" "Such a great personality! The whole package" compliments, also where numerous guys would date me and find me attractive buuut, a lot of them aren't the guys I want?
I really really don't want to sound like a bitch or vain but I want a good-looking guy which I could be extremely proud of to show others. The previous guys I've dated weren't bad looking but they weren't what you would call hot, I dated them because of their charm or flirty-ness (Ended up getting cheated on which wasn't a surprise because they worked the same charm on other girls).
I've been single for a while now because I told myself not to settle for anything less because I've always wanted a hot/good-looking guy, and also because I'm kinda scared to love again.
I'm so sorry if I come off as a mean person for asking this ><
If it makes this easier to answer, I live in Hong Kong but I'm Spanish/Filipino mixed, tan, pretty fit, 18, love adventures and I"m 5'5. I'm going to Australia/US for university in a few months and maybe I'll be able to meet someone there? Would the guys there be attracted to me? If I'm even something compared to all the beautiful girls there.
Also, if any girls have experiences of getting good-looking guys while not being as good looking, please let me know!! I wanna see if this is actually possible and not just me day-dreaming.

Thank you!!

2mo Okay never mind I shouldn't have asked this question I was stupid for doing so. Sorry to anyone who sees this as a bad post >< Let's all pretend this post is deleted lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is possible to date "up your league", but I think that specifically wanting to date someone hotter than you is hypocritical and it's just gonna end in bad relationships. I know a couple of guys like you that are average at best but still want to date hot girls and yeah they really aren't very successful in the dating department. I mean even if you do find a guy like that they will most likely have a bad personality, or just not be that great in other ways. If that is what you want then go for it but it is not gonna end well.

Most Helpful Girl

• funny update lol
    I'll just say this, If you are only focused on guys to impress your friends with you may miss out on the really great guys of the world.

What Guys Said 12

• "Would the guys there be attracted to me?" Some will most likely.
    "If I'm even something compared to all the beautiful girls there. " I've been in Aussie. And no the gals there don't look better than American ones. It's cliche.
    "Also, if any girls have experiences of getting good-looking guys while not being as good looking, please let me know!! I wanna see if this is actually possible and not just me day-dreaming." Look at prince William.
    "Okay never mind I shouldn't have asked this question I was stupid for doing so. Sorry to anyone who sees this as a bad post >< Let's all pretend this post is deleted lol " Relax. Your question is interesting AND legit.

• Yes they do in fact!! I know a couple just like that! Guy is very good looking and woman is not in his league, but she had her shit together and he liked that and they got married and have kids...

• No surprise here; at least you're being honest. Most women won't admit that they are extremely shallow; especially when they are young. IF you're getting dates and getting cheated on you must be at least good looking though you probably need to work on your personality if guys are getting "bored" with you.
    You sound like a woman who I might date if you were a bit older (21 and up). A sense of adventure is a huge plus and at 5'5 your at the perfect height for me. Don't be foolish in love or you may end up alone at 40. Take your time and find a guy you can share common interests and goals with.

• For casual sex, definitely. If you want him to commit to you then your odds aren't as good.

• I don't know about your great personality after reading what you said, but sure, good looking guys go for average women sometimes. It's often the girl's personality that draws them in though, so I'd hide the "I just want to show off my guy to other girls" well.

• "I really really don't want to sound like a bitch or vain "

Kind of too late for that.

I'm guessing if I stick to what I'm hoping for I'll end up alone haha anyway thanks

Well good luck to you anyway.

• Honestly, where your at now is where the good men are at. US mainland.. good luck. Kinda strange men there.

• Never gonna meet anybody by anonymous 😜

• You seem pretty superficial actually

• Everyone is beautiful to someone else.

• if you really love someone their looks won't matter to you much at all, maybe you're just too picky

• The most significant thing is that your 'rating' looks wise in hong kong vs. the u. s. is going to be... different. And whether it's higher or lower depends on you, there are somewhat different tastes.

As you get closer to 30, if you keep in great shape, you'll likely have ability to get great looking broke guys, because most of your peers will be trading down on looks to trade up in status/income.

What Girls Said 2

• Lol one of the most handsome guys I ever met actually wanted a relationship with potato me so I think you definitely stand a chance.

• Yes, I'm average and all of the people I've dated are very attractive.