Girls: Would you date a sensitive/emotional guy?

A guy who cares about your feelings and will always be there for you. He cries when he watch sad movies. If you say something nice ( for example, if you write a poem about him) he would get emotional and shed tears. If your sad, it will also make him sad. Seeing you happy, will make him happy. He also has a goofy side and loves to make you laugh. Would you date him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell yes! Where is he! I need a name and a number. It would be nice to have someone not tease me when I am watching a sad movie. I think I could get more into watching movies of I had him.

Gurl, I totally agree. I guess there is a guy like this somewhere out there lol. That's totally my dream guy.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls would always answer that question as a yes.

But in reality they won't date a guy like that for long.

Yep. That's my experience as well. Most women do enjoy a sensitive guy, but maybe not a guy that's that sensitive.

• I think girls like a man who can be tough or sensitive depending on the situation. It's a lot easier for tough guys to learn to be sensitive than for sensitive guys to learn to be tough. So in general, most women probably figure they'd rather meet a tough guy and try to soften him rather than the other way around.

In my opinion, you can't soften a guy or make him tough. In other words, you can't change him.

What Girls Said 19

• If he's too emotional and sensitive = he's too much too handle. Maybe he's a mama's boy? Dating/having a thing with a mama's boy is hard. There's nothing wrong with them but it does take more effort and instead of having the guy be checking up on you/being your man/prince, you'll be checking up on him and it'll be exhausting after a while. It probably won't be a very good experience in the end :( but it doesn't hurt to try it out. Maybe be his friend first and make it very clear to him so you don't hurt him. I had a thing with a guy once and he was very emotional. I never felt like I was being protected, but rather the protecter. So at the end of the day, I would say no to a man who can get emotionally unstable, but yes to a sensitive guy who can understand the woman who you are and understand you and his private relationship. I hope this helps and any questions let me know

• My close friend just got married to a guy like that, and she is happy she did. So i'm very certain that some girls would date him. I say some, because sadly most girls don't know how good they got it until its gone. And then you have those who are not prepared to handle someone like him on an emotional level, because its enervating. And that's not healthy for most couple either. Especially if they have different personalities. I would comment more, but I can't think of any right now.

• Absolutely! Showing emotions takes a lot for both men and women, but most men are geared to hide them. I actually think it makes them more secure of themselves and more human to show them... and yes there are girls/women out there who like to see the emotional side in men!!!

• Nothing wrong with that! I would rather have a guy able to express his emotions than hide them.

• Ofc. I love sensitive men. Becuase I'm quite opposite, calm and collected I need the balance

• Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I wrote you this poem
    Let's fuck
    Good enough for him to cry? 🤔

• Yes I would, unfortunately my husband is the opposite and I see he seriously lacks empathy.

• As long as he could be tough when needed., that is when I would date someone who was sensitive.

• Yes, he has empathy and he cares about me. As long as i'm attracted to him thats all that matters.

• That's my boyfriend :)

• Ahh no too sensitive would be weird

• I would. I like expressive guys like that. It's cute, and they're typically better at communicating then those guys that seem cool but never say anything.

• No that's just too emotional.

• I did... too much drama

• I think this is a normal thing intense and soulful man is always with compassion

• My husbands sensitive so yes

• Obviously we all want a guy who cares about our feelings. That is a normal thing to expect from another human being, not just a boyfriend. Empathy is a good trait. But i wouldn't be with an over sensitive guy who cries over shit like that. Annoying as fuck and kinda pathetic.
    And for the record, before some butt hurt over sensitive guys reply saying I'm sexist... like no, I don't expect crying over dumb shit from girls either. You're not 4. Those people who are always crying are just difficult to be around and extremely annoying.

• Honestly, I love a guy with a sensitive side but thats too much. I would date a guy who empathized with me but crying everytime I cry and being emotionally clingy.. its too much. Sorry!

• You've just described a perfect guy for me <3 yes!