Can a Muslim guy have a girlfriend?

I am a non-Muslim girl (catholic) and I really like my Muslim friend. One time, after meeting we went to my place, we were kissing and things got tense but then he stopped me, he said it was a problem with himself and went away. Now I feel confused, and just realised Muslims are not allowed… He even lives 700km away so it makes everything more confusing.

Should I say that I’m sorry for trying, and that I understand? I just want to spend nice time with him and get to know him better... But I'm not so sure if I can directly bring the topic and ask him if it's a problem with me or with his religion.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• yes muslim men can have a girlfriend. depending on how strictly they follow their religion there may be things they can't or won't do (much like christianity)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• Dating is not something that is condoned in Islam, do some do it secretly? Yes. Do they end up marrying that person they were secretly dating? Hardly ever.

• Depends on the strength of his faith or his family's faith, if it is very strong it may complicate things, talk to him about how you feel

• There is no such thing as "dating" in Islam.

• For short-No.

• Depends on how strictly he's following the religion, I am muslim and I had catholic/atheist GFs it wasn't a problem for me because I am not strictly following it.

• i will make it easy, can he date you? yes happens all time, but beware the momeny something sexual happens marriage will never be something he wants from you.

• i dated my woman for about 4 years before i marry her
    sometimes i used to see her daily
    but after all its about compatibility

• That's a weird question , you know that depends on how he practise his relgion and what's his limits

• ohh hun
    i have a lot to say
    but lets stick to you and him
    just love each other best you can
    okay

• I rather wonder if a muslim girl can have a boyfriend

• More of the same shit from the Muslim guy posing as a female :/

• Dating is not allowed. But people pick and choose

What Girls Said 4

• No, he can't because Islam doesn't allow dating, that's what they say apparently.

• I know too many muslim couples. Like way too many. They aren't supposed to but they still do 😜

• Some say they can , some they can't. It varies on how religious the guy is

• It depends on the views and beliefs of both of you. Personally I would want to be with someone of same beliefs when it comes to religion, because my religion is very very important to me. But it's just me and if you feel something special to him, then try to do something and to talk to him.