What to expect on a first date?

I became friends with a guy at college and he asked me to dinner at a restaurant then a movie at the theater. This is the first time I've ever been asked out. He's super outgoing and easy to talk to but I'm still nervous because I've grown up very sheltered.
What should I expect?

0|1
4|14

Most Helpful Guy

• a lot of talking. first dates are getting to know each other's basic info. have plenty of stories available. dress semi casual but look good nonetheless. suggest walking and talking to help make it less awkward if you think you're not getting comfortable with him. he suggested a movie so maybe expect him to try to kiss you or hold your hand during the movie.

if at any point you feel he's getting to touchy and wants more than what you want from a first date, just start telling him how good of a time you had and that we should plan something again. it'll let him know that you're done with the date and want to go home. Unless he's one of those agressive guys that can't control his emotions then just knee him in the balls and take a cab home.

oh, bring money for a cab in case you need one.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to talk to him and get to know him. Ask about his family, siblings and try to get an idea of his relationship with his parents. What he does for a living and if he likes it. Does he have any future plans or goals. Use dinner as an opportunity to get to really know him, because when you get into the movie you're not going to be able to talk much. Learn enough about him so you can determine if you want a second date or not. You don't have to kiss or sleep with him if you don't want to.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Expect to feel a bit uneasy or awkward. It's pretty normal. Also ask him to be gentle and not to rush you. Maybe the restaurant part isn't a good idea for a first date, particularly if you're shy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just have fun, dont make it sound like its a whole new thing, just go eat an talk about yourself an ask him cool questions and also brownie points if you can make him laugh, an dont be shy, i know thats hard but just hang out an have fun, he asked you out cause he likes you, have more confidence love :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress well for the occasion and be there just in time. Greet him appropriately. convey to him that you want to have a good time with him so that you two can get to know him well. Try to communicate with him lovingly. Have a good time with him. And part on a good note. If he likes you , he will call you on a second date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hardcore butt sex. Bring lube and condoms and a fun, flirty attitude. Take his load right on your sheltered face. It's college, baby. Make the most of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing in particular. Just be yourself, relax and have fun with him

0|1
    0|0
  • A kiss!

0|0
    0|0
  • Goinh to a movie theatetis not good for a first date because while the movie is playing you two would not be talking. A first fate is for two people to get to know each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stick your toe in he's mouth, if he likes it bail. If he doesn't stick your toe and repeat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Expect to run when they bring up the food bill

0|0
    0|0
  • Just have something fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I always expect her to smell like fish

0|0
    0|0
  • you just do what your gut tells you to do