Do you ever like people that don't like you more than the people that really like you?

Whenever a guy has really liked me, I have never gotten "that feeling".

Then when I feel like I have "that feeling" it turns out they don't like me as much as I liked them.

I can't tell if it's actually a problem or just a coincidence. I don't mentally do it on purpose obviously... so I don't know how to fix it.

• I think it's a problem, you should figure that out
  • Ehh it's just a coincidence
  • I do the same thing
  • I've never had someone really like me

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the problem lies right in the very first sentence:
    'Whenever a guy has really liked me, I have never gotten "that feeling".'

I think you need to find a guy that you like, regardless if he likes you or not. The way you describe it, seems like you're just trying to correspond to their feelings with feelings that you have to fabricate.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever been interested in a guy only to lose interest once you know he likes you?

Hmm not really..., I'll think they're attractive and perfect on paper but just don't connect well with them... if that makes sense?

That totally makes sense. I can get turned off if a guy shows too much interest in me but I usually have reserved judgement before spending time to get to know him better. Sometimes that all it takes to make a guy that much more attractive. To me anyway.

What Guys Said 9

• From my point of view, perhaps the reason that by the time you get “that feeling” and they don’t for you, is maybe because of the length of time it is taking you to reach that point and by the time you do, the emotional connection you now have with him---he no longer as the ‘feeling’ because of that length of time. Relationships take work and you have to nurture those feelings between the two of you and maybe while you’re figuring out how you feel, about the one you’re with, he’s falling out from those feelings because they haven’t been nurtured as they need to be. That could be part of the problem with why they don’t feel as much for you as you do for them. You might consider reflecting on what your thought process is when you are with someone and the process your mind and heart go through when you're figuring out just how you feel about someone.

• Well odds are your mixing up sines or picking guys that have general interest in you from a physical and or sexual prospective rather that an actual like and want to get to know you prospective. But that's just a generalization and a simple assumption on my part. Do you have an example of both cases so I can better understand where the issue is. Like what's an example of a time where you kind of liked someone and they didn't like you the same way and one where they did like you but you were unsure?

example of me liking a guy: dated for a few months, ex came back in the picture. he decided between us for about a month going back and forth. Ended up choosing her. Going nowhere in life, has no drive/ambition, always talking about himself and his problems.

Example of him liking me: always asks to take me out, does nice things for me, always asking questions about me, tells me how perfect I am, tries to always impress me, etc

Nope not at all.. lol I have a bunch of guys friends that I'm not sexually attracted to butcreally comfortable around

Hum so in what way would you say you develop attraction?

• Same kinda thing, the girls who are too nice and perfect are too... easy? As in you almost take it for granted. Then you have the girls who play way too hard for even me to get and they end up not liking me as much. Exactly the same as above, just further up the pecking order so to speak.

You just gotta keep going until you find the one that clicks as cliché as that sounds.

• All my relationships we really liked each other and never been like that. Yours almost sounds like puppy love or high school stuff. Just saying lol. Kinda like once you find the guy that really likes you you don't like him back as much. Honestly don't think your dating the right guys 😕

That's the thing tho lol the guys I'm that like me are amazinggg guys. One was going to med school, one just graduated from the naval academy etc. All super great, respectful sweet guys but I just don't get "that feeling" with them

And then the guys I like don't treat me as well. It's weird.

Haha but they weren't bad guys tho... that's why I made that one mytake. They didn't treat me right cause they didn't have those feelings for me ya know? Still good guys

They were dating you tho they should of treated you right no matter what

• Find a guy who likes/loves your personality more than your looks
    Cause it seems like guys you've been with likes your looks more

• naah.

• No. If they don't like me.. Then I end up not liking them.

• "B" in my stance.

You really think so? I've dated so many guys tho.. it'd be one hell of a coincidence

I was choosing B for me. Was basing this on the title question. For you, it's A because of human nature.

• Yeah i feel that a lot

What Girls Said 5

• This used to happen to me all of the time. It sucked but it was nothing more than happenstance.

• Yeah thats happened to me a lot actually.
    The people who I attracted just weren't the people I was attracted to.

• It actually always happens with me

• Same! But I've never really had feelings for someone I've dated.

• I have never had that feeling before.