Is this a bad way to tell a guy I like him?

Ok so there's this guy I've been crushing on for years and I'm well used to that by now. Anyway so recently his friend told me he liked me but I said yea right and he was there and didn't deny it. Then his friend tagged him and me in a post saying he was crushing on me and I only liked the post and never commented on the subject. I've been sitting next to him in a class and recently he has become more distant. I'm thinking of saying something this: You know ____ and them don't understand how I have a crush on you. You don't like them they don't like you but I like you. Because he kinda is a little bit mean to them. But he's fine to me and really he is a great fellow and I've never thought badly of him. Is there any way I could tell him in a better way can I have some advice because really if I kinda say about him not being liked it might mess it up. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

What Guys Said 2

• After class see if he wants to go get a coffee with you. Just go talk to him and be nice to him. If he likes you he might even ask you out. Get to know him and eventually all of that stuff will even itself out on it's own.

• "Hey xx, I like you. Let's hang out?"

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it is