Would you date an omega guy or girl?

I recently found out on gag, that my guy is an omega guy.
He has no social skills and he doesn't know.
He is obsessed with star wars and builds his identity around it.
He can sometimes be really boastful to the point where you can't stand it.
I am not sure anyone really likes him and he doesn't care.
I don't know... when we first Started dating he was already talking about having a boy... and during our few days of talking... he kept on asking me to marry him.
I don't know if I missed all These signs because I was too excited that I was reconnecting with an old childhood friend. Now thinking about it, I totally would have been freaked out and left.

What about you? Would you date an omega guy or girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never heard of Omega male before now. I looked it up, and wow! I used to be one! In my 30 years of life I have known a ton of them (and I never liked them because they are annoying.) I can give a ton of insight into their minds I think because I used to be one!

So as a kid, I was not allowed to shower. We were extremely poor, and I wore the same clothes every single day. From grade 1 to grade 10 when I got a job and bought clothes and shit. So obviously, everyone hated that smelly dirty poor kid. I was very quiet and kept to myself until I was an adult.

When I went into the adult world (military lol) I was instantly hated. I had zero social skills, ZERO. Any time I talked to someone the shit just came out awfully. I became overly quiet because I recognized that I was incapable of normal social interaction. The difference between me and other Omega males, is that my childhood I was tormented endlessly, everyone hated me. I'm a big bastard, and I beat up just about every bully in my school, his older brother, and at 16 I was fighting adults. I wasn't mean, I was simply targeted for being different.
    Anyways, these crazy "Omega" males grow up where people don't insult them enough for being how they are. They are shunned and cast aside, but they have a small circle of friends and they never make fun of eachother or ever be mean. That's how normal males teach eachother social skills, by making fun of them for doing stupid shit. I think "Omega" males are simply guys who had shitty childhoods, and were denied the ability to learn social skills by their peers because they were different for some reason and it just snowballed into this thing where nobody likes you.

As for me? Well, the military helped me break out of my shell a decent amount. But other "Omega" males I knew did not, and will not because they just don't get harassed badly enough for being that way. I separated, and got married! Being married taught me a ton. After 5 years we are split up, getting a divorce (she's abusive and i ended it if you wanted to know.) Now I'm mostly normal. I used to have extreme social anxiety, and talking to a cute girl was impossible. These days I have fun talking to everyone I meet and they always seem to like me instead of the hate I used to get. I talk to beautiful women all the time and its easy and fun and they seem to enjoy talking with me. I feel like I have a whole new life and it's amazing!
    So the moral is... I guess "omegas" can change... sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• The alpha and omega shit is dumb.

Your boyfriend has issues if he's talking about marriage immediately. But just being shy and liking Star Wars doesn't make him an unworthy person. If you don't like guys like that don't lead them on. I find it shallow but whatevs

What Guys Said 20

• I didn't know what you meant, so I looked up what it meant to have an Omega personality type:

The lack of social skills doesn't bother me, because I myself lack a lot of social skills. In fact, I feel a lot more comfortable with awkward or introverted people. However, the emotional distance concerns me because I am a very affectionate person, and if she failed to reciprocate, I would not be able to connect with her.

What if she wanted to be affectionate but only did it whenever you initiated?

@Keenisha
      That would still be a no-go. It would feel very one-sided unless she initiated just as often as I did.

• I think people really need to stop taking terms relating to wolves and their packs and using them to title humans.

It's idiotic.

What your guy is, is a schmuck plain and simple or possibly autistic not a alpha, not a beta not an omega.

FYI an Omega is an Alpha that lost a fight to a Beta the Beta became the Alpha and the leader of the Pack and the Former Alpha become an Omega when the new Alpha shunned him and exiled him. And Omega's are true outcasts in every definition of the word, they're shunned, they starve to death or get barely the leftovers left behind by the other pack members and is often humiliated. Only way not to be an Omega is to kill the current Alpha and take his place, exerting dominance over the pack.

So tell me how your man is anything like that since humans love to relate the wolf counter parts to humans.

Omega is just a stupid term made up by the jackass who probably started calling himself an alpha and others beta in the first place.

You wanna know the sad truth Alpha's are absolutely nothing without beta's and even omega's like a king without a kingdom and subjects.

• What the shit is with this site and fucking Greek alphabets. We also don't live like fucking wolves. This shit is beyond fucking irrelevant. Jesus Christ 😑

You also might wanna have him tested for autism 😂😂😂

*greek alphabet letters

Thank you someone said it.

I disagree. Bricks don't need training for that.

• naah

I really like your simple answer!

Thank you😉

No prob ;)

• I would date an omega girl, but not if she acted like the guy you described. Actually, the things that make a girl alpha or beta or omega are really not important to guys the same way girls OBSESS over who's the alpha. If a girl is quiet and shy and socially awkward and obsessed with peculiar interests, those are positives, not negatives. If a girl is way too social and only interested in the same stupid crap as everyone else and she's constantly flirting with everybody, those are negatives, not positives. So which one is really the alpha and which is the omega? It's kind of the opposite for girls.

• Mmmmm no social skills really turns me off, so I suppose not.

• Well.. my girl is a bit like that. So, yeah, I guess I would. But it's tough. She's the toughest girl I've ever dated. Way worth it, and I love her to death, but yeah, it's tough sometimes.

• So you found a man you like but because he's not "cool enough" you want to dump him? WTF is wrong with you?

• Social skills are important

• No, but...

Do you love him?

Yes - then it doesn't matter.
    No - then it doesn't matter

• Omega guy? I thought that was a superhero name... I honestly didn't know there was such a thing as an omega guy or girl...

I didn't either until I googled the term and research the topic a bit. Supposedly they are not too popular.

Besides the question is would you ever date one?

I have never dated one... there was a girl who was interested in me, but I didn't date her due to her being that kind of girl... now I know there's a name for it. She was very reclusive, social awkward, seemed to have an obsession with Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and her family seemed to support her. She had one other friend and they were inseparable, but constantly fighting arguing, etc... I couldn't see my self being happy in that situation

• More importantly, where do you stand with him now?

• I don't know what an omega guy or girl is

Someone who doesn't have any social skills, obsessed about a certain hobby, doesn't care what anyone thinks including you if you are dating them, and they can come off boastful like

@Gommers I would say more so the first definition. He is extremely intelligent and fit. But then he also wants nothing to do with society and sometimes wonder why I would want friends

No I don't think I'd date someone like that. Friends with them maybe.

• Never heard of the term.

• A self reliant Omega female, why not? She'd at least have to have social skills.

• Just know that 99%of people saying yes they would date, are liars😂😂

• what is omega

• i prefer delta girls

• Like the biblical omega or the animal hierarchy omega?

• He's not omega, he's autistic lol

Glad I'm not the one that said it, otherwise it would immediately be discredited as trolling.

Yeah this is definitely autism...

There's a line between extremely intelligent and Rainman status...

If it were top secret, you wouldn't even know that much.

What Girls Said 7

• Most likely not. I can't be around guys like that for long.

• Noooo i don't care about the green Alphabet, but I do not like people who are too obsessed with certain sci-fi things... Pathetic. Those people need to grow up

I am not into it either... I have never heard of star wars until he told me about it

WTF? How can you not have heard of Star Wars? I'd understand if you simply hadn't seen the movies, but never heard of it?

• i announced that i was an omega on here a few weeks ago and got downvoted a lot... didn't know it had a meaning

never heard of this whole alpha/beta/omega/whatever bs until I came on here... it's stupid, can't hear that shit anymore. why do we need to put everyone in a stupid category?

• This guy seems too intense, talking about kids and marriage already. Personally I'd run

• cool guy

• Just out of curiosity, what traits of his attracted you to him?

• I don't believe in those categories. Most people are awesome in some ways and lame in others. It's a matter of fitting these two jigsaw puzzles together right.