Would you date a single mum if you are young and single and don't have your own children?

Personally I find it extremely emasculating to date a woman single with children. It will me feel like a "man-gina" who needs to look after the kids for the bad ass who knocked her up, in order to lay with her. It would completely destroy my very own sense of self worth. I'd rather be single. However having no string attached sex is fine.

On the flip side, if I was divorced with kids and she was in the same situation, then I guess it wouldn't make me feel that way.

Just wondering how other guys and girls feel about this one.

• Yes - provide reason
  • No - Provide reason

Most Helpful Girl

• If it were the other way around probably not, I know it may sound heartless but even though I would enjoy his children they wouldn't be my own, maybe when i'm older my feelings may change but I feel like I could only love a child so deep if they were my own. Never mind the fact that I may have to deal with the drama from the baby mama, or schedule our dating and alone time around the children. I have nannied and babysat in my life and taking care of kids is no joke especially if theyre young.

There's nothing heartless about this. If anything he'd be asking for your generosity. A relationship that operates like a charity is not a healthy one. It would hurt your self esteem. He'd need to accept his mistakes, not someone else. I'd disrespect people who play the victim card in these situations.

What Girls Said 3

• I have dated men with kids before. 2 actually. I also have been a single mom before. I didn't care if a man didn't want me because I was a single mom, I just wanted him to be honest about it up front and not waste my time. Doesn't make him a bad person, but just please don't waste my time.

• I could date someone who has children, because my feelings matter and it wouldn't be an obstacle if I fell in love with this person. I would try to love his children and treat them as if they were my own children.

• It's not ideal, but OK with it. I'm Hispanic and like 80% my age at least have one kid, some even on their 3rd or 4th lol I'd be severely limiting myself if I said no

What Guys Said 5

• I don't consider myself old, but at the same time I realize that there are single women out there with a child around my age and I'm okay with that. My brother, who's 8 years older than me, gave me a great perspective on this situation when I asked him because the women he's about to marry had 2 from a previous long relationship. He took notice as to how her children behaved towards her. If they listen and respect her then that shows to him that 1. Her kids take priority in her life which is a plus obviously and 2. whenever they were in the beginning of their relationship he notice how she would never really 'leave' them with her mom or family for that long. I guess I just look at the way he explained his perspective to, and I yeah all situations are different, but I would be more open to it than I would a few years ago. And not only that, I would take notice how they behaved towards her and how high of a priority they were to her, because not every person holds the well being of their child or children in high regard. And to add, to my 1st point he was basically saying how she would sacrifice going out and just her wants overall for the sake of her children. I know I did more than just answer your question, but yeah I'd be open to dating a single mom if A. We obviously cared about one another and 2. It was clear her kid was priority in her life, because if they are then that means she was taking care of them long before I came into the picture and that shouldn't change when we're still just dating.

• It happens time and time again with teenage/ young adults.. they fall for a guy and date him and then she gets pregnant and she wants to keep the baby.. then the father leaves her and she raises the child alone. She then doesn't work and claims child benefits.. I would know loadssss or girls from my high school are now single mums. Let's be realistic. Not many guys around my age are gonna date a single mum when they have their own life to sort out.

• When I was single, single moms were an instant no. I don't want some other dude's kids nor to forever be second place to them.

• I tend to avoid them just cause I don't have the financial resources to support her and her kid or kids at this point in time , no extra money or place for them to stay , its not really something I could take on or be interested in

• mgtow 101

so that's a big NO from you?

it depends I knew one girl where her husband died so that's kind of different. it could be a lot of effort with not that much in return. never dated or hooked up with a single mom