Guys, how would you prefer to be approached by a girl who liked you?

okay so i like this guy but i have no idea how to tell him and ask him out i'm not really a popular girl and i'm kinda awkward... help?

2mo okay just letting you guys know i asked out the guy i like and he said f*ck no cos i'm too 'fugly' and weird

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It really doesn't matter. Guys are easy. There shouldn't be any preference. Just walk up and say "I like you." Awkward is okay. Almost any guy will be very pleased that a girl would walk up to him, even if he doesn't reciprocate. Easiest way to do it is just don't think about it. Like jumping into a cold pool. Just get it over with nice and quick.

It's really simple. Don't overcomplicate it.

Ah, a note would also be good like Alex917 stated. That would actually be the easiest way. And you wouldn't have to face rejection in the face, if it comes to that.

cool thank you

Welp. You have your answer. And that is worth something. That was quite rude of him. More, you should know that he wasn't any good for you in the first place, if he is such a rude and demeaning person. You got lucky that he didn't say yes.

yeah i guess so

What Guys Said 21

• Just go up to him and be straightforward and honest. Don't beat around the bush, just do it.
    Guys are easy to approach, cause most girls don't approach, so we are very welcoming when a girl does it, we respect her more and are glad she did what no girl does.

• Well you're only 13 so I wouldn't worry too hard about it. All I can say is one thing I think everyone here would agree with. Confidence is the absolute most important thing. I mean sure, if you weigh 500 pounds and your face looks like a monster nobody is gonna like you. But if you have confidence, that takes away your awkwardness, it takes away your shyness. It makes people see you much better than you think you are. So if you can learn to be confident that will help you in dating, and in everything else in life really. Even if he rejects you and laughs at you, if you have confidence and you brush it off like it ain't shit that he laughed, nobody will want to make fun of you for it, other guys will see you as confident and become interested in you. Learning to be confident is hard, but you're so young you have tons of time lol.

well confidence is the big thing for me i come off as confident but i'm actually really self-conscious

• I've never even heard of a guy caring how "popular" a girl is, and as for "awkward," we call that "cute." Just grow a spine and tell him flat-out in less than six words exactly how you feel. That's what guys like. DIRECTNESS. No nonsense, no confusion, straight and to the point! And he still might reject you, and if he does, to hell with him! There's like millions of lonely guys in this world, trust me, if you actually bother to look, you can't miss 'em.

• For to walk up to me and tell me she wants to talk to me for a moment, that way we have some form of privacy, away from prying ears if I'm with my friends or she's with hers. Always when it's just me and her. I don't like other people listening in on things like that.

yeah same but i don't know how to tell him without him just straight out laughing at me

Well you can't really control what he does or doesn't do. It takes courage to put your feelings on the line like that. If he laughs at you then trust me, he isn't a guy you want to be with.

okay thanks i'll try it on Monday

• I am stupid. Realy. a lot of guys are. Don't play games and don't hint.

• just be forward and tell him how you feel and what you want, be sweet, ask him if he likes you, ask if he has a girlfriend. its soo simple.

• Try to do some homework with him. I remember when I was 13 that's what I did. Kinda still do it but anyways

Do some homework. Eat lunch. Chill a bit... let it ride, don't push

• this girl liked me in school but she never admitted it
    then when i got a girlfriend she finally said something about it and i told to late

Same thing here. Except I was leaving for college and one of her friends told me. Then she tried talking to me via Facebook

• Guys won't take hints, we are definitely not on the same level girls are for body language. Just start up conversation with him, find out what he likes and if he wants to hang out sometime. He will answer and you will know what to do next.

• Let her come along with a mature friend to give her comfort. I need her to meet me with full of confidence and comfort.

• Just introduce yourself (if he doesn't know who you are), tell him you want to keep in touch, and ask him for his phone number. If he's interested, he'll give it to you.

@Chloe_14 This is a response to your update. I'm not saying there's ever a good way for a guy to reject a girl, but this guy may have chosen the worst possible way to go about it. Don't let one douchebag get you down... most guys aren't quite that cruel and heartless.

• just being approached by a girl, no matter how, would already be a big improvement lol

That guy is an asshole. Don't waste your time

• If it's too awkward to talk to him, pass him a note. But keep the note simple, not a love letter. Just say "your cute" and your name and number. that's it. Let him do the rest.

• Well, we want that girl to show interest in us, to talk to us frequently so we can tell that she likes us, then after we get sure we ask the girl for a date

• Be brave. I he rejects you then learn from your mistake and whenever you like someone else try again in a different way, but to answer your question, I prefer to be approached by a girl straight up, so she just comes over and tells me she likes me.

• id like her to come up to me shy and blushing and try to get to know me and then tell me how she feels

• I'd like it if she came up and said wow your the hottest guy I have ever seen, can I make out with you? Lol jokes aside, id like it if she was herself, whether confident, shy, klutzy, awkward or whatever her personality is. Also showing at least some interest I may glean so I know if she may be interested or not

okay thanks

It will, I didn't think it would happen with me, but I was pleasently surprised and found one, I have had a few long term relationships, met plenty of girls who were interested, at the moment I am single, but only because I haven't been looking, busy with studies and getting my life stable. I know you will find one soon, call it a hunch, thankfully a lot of my hunches usually turn out correct, lol even the times I don't want them to.

lol okay thanks

• I'd rather her try to befriend me and get to know me better before asking for a relationship, because I would find it less sudden and awkward.

• For me, being approached is overall flattering lol

• I would prefer to be approached. Much more so.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more