How would you feel about dating girl who is older than you?

I have just turned 28 yesterday, he is turning 25 in March. He is 3.5 years younger but so mature and brilliant!!! We are fantastic together but I'm worried that by the time I am ready for children he will not be... Am i reading too much into it?

How would you feel about dating a person who is older than you?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt most guys would have an issue with that if the girl is attractive.

What Guys Said 18

• I would feel okay dating someone who was older than me, because I actually have. There’s nothing wrong with the age of a person you’re dating, especially if you care about them deeply or love them. A person should follow their heart and give in to their heart’s desire and if you’ve got outside opinions telling you otherwise, then my advice is stop listening to them, because at the end of the day it is your life and you should live it the way you want to and date who you want to, just as long as everyone is legal and no laws are being broken. If you really like this guy and he’s mature in your eyes and you want to see where the relationship might go, then by all means be bold and assertive and go for it. That’s my point of view and the bottom line.

• Yes, I think you are reading a little too much into it. Sometimes, people take a while to find the right person. Delayed marriages and and starting a family are pretty common these days.

As far as the age difference, personally, I wouldn't mind too much dating a woman older than me, but there would be certain limits.

• No, not interested. The reason is that women who date younger men usually see those guys as beneath them in some way, and they try to assume a position of superiority in the relationship. There are guys who want to be led around by a woman, but that's not for me. I don't care to have my girlfriend looking down on me and treating me like an employee.

My gilrfriend is a few montgs from being 13 years old than me and doesn't look down on me. She loves me and cares about me for who I am

The only reason an older girl would see a man as younger is because of his maturity level. For example with my boyfriend, i feel like he is older than me rather than younger, purely because he is so kind and thoughtful and he doesn't have time for gossiping and childish behaviour... he's all man!

@Asker That's a rarity, though. Most women don't even think younger guys are capable of being mature, so they don't even give us a chance to prove them wrong.

• A lot of the women that like me are older. The youngest one being 29 and I'm 25. I don't mind dating someone older than me if I like them, even if they're older than 29. A serious relationship between me and someone, let's say, 39 years old is out of the question for me. I'll date her though.

• Well I'm 25 and I'd date someone who is 4 years older than me. I want kids tho not right away but someday. I say date him and see where it goes.

• not a big deal

• I flirted with a woman 6 years older than me. She didn't understand my flirt though and though I behaved like a child.

• I'm 37, so unless she looks as good as Maria Brink there's no fucking way.

Your profile says you are only 30

@OfDeath

And according to a bunch of coworkers, including one ex that's 14 years younger than me, I *look* 26-28. *shrug*

I don't put real info in anything online unless I'm buying stuff. And I have several emails that are only for forums and places that I think are likely to send me spam.

LIAR!

• I'd have no problem dating a girl who's older than me (5-6 years older max).

• I prefer dating younger ones but if it happens... sure why not

• I prefer dating girls who are older. I seem to relate to them more.

• If not by too many years, I'd love it. 😊

• As long as I like her, I'm good. Also, I maximum: 27.

• I would love it. It's just if a girl wants to date me and she's older, she better not want kids.

• Id love to date a woman 20 years older!

• I like it. I wish more women were open to dating younger men.

• well, even if he's not ready, then maybe you're just not suitable with him. noone should ever feel forced to do something, they're not ready for

I totally agree, I would never force anyone. It would be in a few years time obviously... Im not ready for that at all :)

• I'd rather date an older woman than a younger one.

Glad to hear this, why though? Thank you

Very true, thanks for the opinion

You're welcome bro.

What Girls Said 0