Boyfriend does not get jealous or feel worried generally?

hi guys, I have been dating this guy for 4 months and things are pretty good. The thing is that he is never jealous which I also think is a good thing. but sometimes it makes me feel odd about how he genuinely does not care about who I am out with and what I am doing.
Also he is the least bothered with my security and if its late at night he is absolutely okay with me walking back to my place despite it being late. The other day I asked him to drop me just because it was late and his response to that was- I would not always be around you know?
I do not know if I am reading too much into things or if this is something that I should be concerned about. What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 2

• If he is not willing to protect you he is not a man. Period

Some jealousy is good. He should care if he loses you or not. How he handles jealousy is important, but he needs to feel something when another man looks at you or stands too close.

I would never let a girl I care for even walk herself to her front door by herself. I have had girls call be on that but I tell them that is who I am, love me or hate me. A man protects what he values, that part of what it means to be a man.

• I think you have a good guy and you are finding things to nit pick at.

I would agree with that but don't you think he should be a bit concerned about me? I would be concerned about him.

I agree with the walking late at home bit. I would always pick up a my now wife when she was out late as I didn't want her walking anywhere. But as for the jealousy part your nit picking, I think if the really thought you were in some trouble he be concerned though. For now just give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he cares more than you think.

What Girls Said 1

• It's normal and OK for him to not be jealous. My boyfriend is also not the very jealous type except for here and there with occasions that I could understand. So I wouldn't hold it against him. However, his lack of concern for your security seems abnormal. I've never had a guy make me walk anywhere alone late at night. My boyfriend tells me on a daily basis to be safe and that he worries about my safety often. I'd talk to him about it and ask him if he isn't concerned and that you want to feel protected. I'd never even make my own partner walk alone at night somewhere.