If you go out with someone who likes you a lot more than you like them is it possible for your feelings to "catch up"?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• There is absolutely a chance your feelings could catch up. Nothing is set in stone. There is always the chance your feelings will change, deepen, and catch up to the one who really likes you more than you like them right now. That’s always possible in my point of view. Life is full of change. It would be folly to assume something like this couldn't happen under the right circumstances.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely.

I've always believed in "the spark" but even if it's not there at first, you get to know the person and everything becomes better about them. Sometimes it doesn't -- but I believe that can happen.

What Guys Said 11

• In rare cases, but people can certainly "grow" on you. The question is how long it will take them and are you willing to sit there and wait (potentially being heartbroken time and time again)?

hmm well this is a different situation than the last guy if thats what your referring to?

I met this guy last December at a ball and we had 2 dates together. He was crazy about me (ready to do a LDR) but i didn't feel the same way so I sort of ended things. He texted me the other day and i kind of want to give him another try but I don't know.. im afraid ill hurt him again.

Nice pic my the way 😊

That's what I think too lol he's in the military though so it's kind of the only thing he's used to. Id get to see I'm once a month

🙈 thank you 😅

Once a month hmm, if you're genuinely willing to give him a full chance (as in nothing held against him from last time) then it could. That would also mean getting over the fear of hurting him, because any relationship involves some kind of risk of hurt. If the feelings were not strong enough to cause pain, you'd just be friends right.

Anyway you'll know if he's growing on or not you because you'll either look forward to his texts or feel indifferent after a while.

• It can happen, but don't hold your breath.

But @Puppylove94 maybe you should slow it down a little. You seem to be pinning all your hopes on a new guy every other week, and they all have some kind of big issue that makes things difficult for you. Just take your time (and accept it will take time) to find a guy who's right for you and who doesn't have a major issue. Right now it seems like you're desperate for love and clinging to guys who aren't right for you.

Haha no I just tend to think too much a lot about things. I really haven't started dating until the past year. I just think I look for the wrong things which makes me question things

Well, you seem to learning and you have self-reflection, plus you're attracting guys left and right so you'll be fine in the end. Just have patience and know there are a lot of guys in the world.

• It can. But I'm a big believer that you know right away. You know whether they are a fit for you and if you're not feeling it, you may not ever get there

• yes its highly possible

• I certainly hope so, because I am in that position now.

• Yes it happened to me twice but it took time for me to like them

• Ok, first are you talking about "like" as in physical attraction, or "like" as in "I like how s/he thinks"?

• I would say it depends on every situation

• No idea
    Maybe possible

• Probably. But will they continue to make sense in the long run?

• Depends

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, Indeed @puppylove94... It can Fool you when you Least expect it.
    I have been with Some guys who have been Nothing more than a Bro, and the next thing you Know, my feelings Did a Different Turn and then the Yearn, I Suddenly felt the Fireworks.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• if someone liked me way more than i did then i'd find it so creepy. because my feelings for someone would be huge. (enough to write their name like 500 times on a piece of paper)

if they didn't show their "love" for me too much (meaning not being too creepy) then yeah i'd probably catch up to them.

• It's always possible.

• I don't know because it takes a while for me to have feelings for them.

See I'm usually the opposite.. I feel like if I don't have that initial spark then I'll never get it.

Well I have to be interested in order to date but it's really hard for me to open up and let someone in.

• Yes. With my ex, this was the case. He liked me A LOT right away but it took me a bit longer to get to that level.

• just leave the poor damn dude! XD
    it s been a while you re lingering on it

• Rarely , you can't force yourself

• I don't know what you mean by "catch up" but I only date people who like me a lot (even if I don't really know him at first) because I'm sure he would not cheat on me like this.

Catch up meaning you would eventually feeel the same way about him

But they've loved you?

Yes, they loved me. So that make a unhealthy relationship, like they love me I was sure they would not cheat on me but they become really jealous (cause they feared I can fell in love with someone else).