Was this going too far with touching?

So, there is this exchange student that I've been starting to get along with, whether be friend or potential relationship. Today, I saw her at one of the dining halls and sat down next to her and started talking. Afterward, I did state my car was on campus and was able to drive her back because I was on the same way as her.

However, this is where I think I messed up. While we were climbing up the stairs, we're joking around that she stated the stairs were too much work for her. To tease her, I decided to gently push her backpack which was sagging down and near her waist. Now, my hands were not on her waist, but on the bookbag itself, and I don't believe I was forcefully pushing on her because she was still walking at a normal pace.

In the car, we were basically just talking, and it seemed like she had a good time. Laughing, asking questions about me, and wanting to talk about her own opinions as well when I asked for them. We parted with a high-five saying good luck to each other for the rest of the day.

I can't tell if what I did was inappropriate or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing here was in appropriate. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if a guy did that. Hopefully, she thinks you are cute.

Most Helpful Guy

• No problem, you're good!

What Girls Said 1

• You didn't really do anything lol.. I don't think you have anything to worry about at all.

What Guys Said 1

• Haha, what you did was fine, I doubt she thinks anything of it at all :)