Are women willing to date men without a car?

I am man who just turned 28. I started college late and will get my business diploma before I turn 29, but I don't have a car yet and will probably not be able to afford a great car for a while thus I feel it is not even worth attempting to try and date as I think my financial position will turn women off immediately.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to say it, but at your age, depending on where you live, it's a strike against you. If you live in a big city with great public transit, it may not be an issue. Tons of city livers don't own cars for practical reasons. Otherwise, disregarding how it makes you appear, it can be a burden for one partner to do all the driving. Some of my friends don't have cars, and while it doesn't lessen my image of them, it can honestly be quite draining physically and financially to be the only one providing transportation.

Most Helpful Guy

• In Europe, yes, in the US no (except for NYC), unless you have male model looks, then they'll buy you cars.

What Girls Said 16

• I wouldn't care about it. I don't think that many women are materialistic, I guess.

That's good to hear. I guess if it is going to be a worth while relationship it won't matter and if it does then it probably wasn't meant to be anyway.

I agree :)

• Honestly, most women around your age will be turned off. Personal transportation is necessary even if you're living in a city with a lot of transit options. Dating on a schedule or having to go where the bus goes or limit your options to the nearest train station is a buzz kill when you're trying to build up the romance and find alone time while the hormones are still fired up. Taxis are okay but costly and time consuming. Of course there are women who won't care especially if she likes you a lot, but most will still frown at it when you're not looking. But since you live in California where a having a car is absolutely necessary, you're going to have a tougher time because everything is so spread out. You don't need anything flashy. Just get something that gets you where you need to go.

• Yup. Neither I nor my boyfriend have a car.

• I am currently. No big deal.

• Personally I'm not. He doesn't even have to have a really nice car, as long as it's decent and runs well. But he has to have a car.

• Waiting to be in an ideal situation financially could end up making you single for life. It's like trying to wait to have kids until you can afford it--you'll never get there. Just stay open to possibilities and see what comes your way!

• Of course. Although having a car is convenient, but doesn't meet its a must if i date someone.

• You don't need a great car. You need **A** car.

Like if you're in a city with good public transportation, it's not a biggie. But like, if you live in the suburbs or some place remote, you need a car. Women at your age are going to want to start settling down, and being with a guy who... isn't ready for that just doesn't gel, sorry.

• Yeah

• I did it for nine months. He was willing to compromise by taking the bus to my place sometimes so it wasn't too bad. Not ideal though.

• No but you are still on the young side so it is not a big deal. If you were 35 or 45 than it would be an issue. You don't have to have a great car. Look for something cheap that gets you from A to B.

• I'm not in American so i don't really care about cars. If I like him, I like him. Car or no car

• Ya I don't see the problemo

• Nope. I wouldn't want to be carting you around

• No.

..

• Not if that's you in you in your profile pic.

What Guys Said 8

• Depends on where you live. I live right next to a subway station so there was no reason for me to own a car, I used public transportation to go everywhere. I had no problem getting dates (quite a few of my dates owned a car themselves)

If you live in a city with less than adequate transit or in the country... you have more problems.

Honestly, though, you can work around these things. You can meet her somewhere to start the date, or if you're picking her up, you can taxi/Uber it from there to wherever you're going.

• Remember that having a driving licence is not for everyone so I don't think it would be a big deal. Many people don't have cars or driving licences and still have someone they can love and be in a relationship with.

• Girls in college won't mind much, but I would be a liar if I said having a car is an advantage.

• I wouldn't be able to 😑

• I can't drive and I don't see myself being able to any time soon so I hope they are

• My girlfriend has a car, so not an issue for her.

• Most women are materialistic so probably not.

• It depends on where you live. In New York City, it's fine, but in Los Angeles, it would be a problem.