Did I ruin my life?

24. No social life. Stressed out, depressed, still live at home... what should i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• A little seed fell from a tree and the winds caught it. It landed in the worst of places, in the crevice of a large rock. Not much soil to bite into and the heat of day, its growth was stunted. It felt far from its mother who could cast her leaves for food and provide shade to root. In short time the seedling looked around to see other trees were growing faster... being in rich soils and and water spots they soon began to cast their own seeds. She looked at hear terrible condition and she could hear them, so she thought, make fun of her position and lack of life and it crushed her spirits.

One day a great storm came and with it was lightning and winds! The tallest and grandest of trees was the one hit first and caught afire! Winds blew and the big trees were damaged, one by one they toppled. The little tree being low to the ground and in that firm rock was safe from the lightning and the high winds and it dodged the fire. It is then she looked down on the terrible ground she was in and gained appreciation for what she had. It wasn't what she wanted, but it was in fact better than what everyone else had!

This tree struggled through the winds and burrowing its roots through that rock crevice to find what little water it could. Through the struggle, she persevered. The perseverance created character and character lead to hope! She grew more slowly than others, she saw other trees come and go over time, but this tree grew sure enough as opportunity would come at times, bringing rains and nutrients to grow by. The winds although hard, made her branches stronger. She lacked water the the other trees had, but when the dry season came, she was TOUGHER than all the others and persevered while other trees would wither and fall. The hard times gave her strength as she'd learn things others would not know.

... continued...

This tree learned to appreciate the good things it had, learn from the hard times, to be patient, and to seize opportunity as it presented. She was thankful for her spot on the rocks... now with her roots firmly established in solid ground. Not many trees stood the test of time, but this one did. She grew wiser and took wisdom and taught the other seedlings that would come and go so they could thrive as well and survive the tests of life and time. Some listened and some didn't, you can't make a tree do anything, they have to make their own choice!

She lived a full life, longer than any other tree and cast many seeds of her own to fill the valley. Maybe she wasn't as fast as the rest, but she endured, she lived, and, she loved, and that's really all anyone can do.

www.livescience.com/...2-oldest-tree-in-world.html

Copyright lightbulb27.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're still living at home, so get a job and start saving money to move out. If you are in debt, use this opportunity to get out of debt. You're 24, you're life isn't over. You can change things, you just choose not to. You can try to use depression as an excuse, but you can get help with that. I've been depressed. Most of my late teens and early 20's I was depressed. I also have social anxiety, so I really don't have a social life either. Now I have a very good job, I make good money, I have a good savings and I am working on buying a place. Life is what you make of it. You can either choose to stay in the rut you're in, or you can work hard to get out of it.

What Guys Said 18

• First off you're 23 and we all age. Plus no matter, 23 or 24 you're young as hell. So you got like 3/4 of your life to live. Let's ASSUME you did everything wrong during ALL your 24 years. Then you WOULD HAVE ruined a QUARTER of your life, not all of it.
    "Stressed out" Who isn't?
    "depressed" what's going wrong?
    "still live at home..." Just like me. So what, you prefer living alone in a big city trying to make a life? Get married, then betrayed and be a single mom?
    "what should i do?" Make a list of all that displeases you. Then grade it on a scale from 0 to 10, with 10 being hellish and 0 not displeasing at all.
    Then analyze each point and judge: why don't I like it? Is my criticism justified? Is it really important (grade it too). Then, propose ways to get out of each problem, build a flexible plan, with SMARTer objectives.
    www.smartinsights.com/.../...-smart-objectives.jpg
    Then, start acting on the most immediate, annoying and important problems and solve them.
    You can get a social life if you just do what it takes. Just start talking to people, get some friends. Relax, solve what bothers you. Have faith in the future, go see a doctor about depression. Plan and dream about everything you can accomplish. Look into the future. Relax. And be free.

• Change your perception and start appreciating the things that you do have. The fact that you have a roof over your head, a family, health, lots of time. Most of your current predicament stems from your world view.

Make a list of everything you are thankful for as well as everything you are not thankful for. The key is in appreciating everything you are blessed with alongside everything you consider a curse.

When you only focus on your curses, you feel cursed. When you focus on both, you learn contentment and understand balance.

• Join a gym, running club, yoga class, martial ats class, or some other physical social group. The physical will help with the depression, and the social will help with the social life.

• No but you could make it better, and go to college, or go out to clubs, or gyms.

Maybe even hang and play video games with your friends.

• Depression can be contagious if your mindset is not stronger than the one with the problem, so maybe you need some psychologist assistance too.

• Work on the problems, meet some people, learn to relax

• Leave this website!.. Pick something you enjoy make a career

• Get a job, hit the gym (girls that lift omg yess) Then people will want to be your friend. Especially guys because u will probs be hot. Get a boyfriend. Nights out = happy u

I have to believe that the more you go out of your comfort zone, the more confident you will be. I realized this, ultilized it. And now I am way more social, confident, and happy.

You have to believe*

Try and make goals. Maybe achieve all of this before 2018?

• Just chill out. Watch movies or travel somewhere alone or go and meet some of your friends. That would take you off from loneliness

• Meditation.

It'll take care of half those problems.

• Change everything that makes you depressed... and do what is productive and which makes you happy

• What should you do? Change all the above.

• you should be my friend, because im also 24 with No social life. Stressed out, depressed, still live at home. in seriousness though i am going back to school to fix one one those problems at least, the social life. Maybe try that?

• Life won't fix itself. Make a plan, stick with it and hope for the best

• Where do you live

• make a plan, and work your way out of it.

• Same here, but I'm much older than you, don't make the same mistakes I did, go out more frequently, meet new people, it might get you back on the right track.

Why?

Well, if you don't like your current life, you should try to make things better... I know I would if I were your age.

• Make a plan.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm right there with you lol It's really hard now a days to get your shit together without sinking into debt, and even if you don't being able to afford anything is insane. God forbid you hang out with your friends, your tired and not into going out and partying.

I feel you!

• Whatever you want?

• Your life is what it is even if you don't have friends, or have tons! I think you are who you are. And your home situation is so common.

• You should stop asking the same fucking thing over and over.